Oct 02, 2019, 09:27 PM
Everything's A Composite
You have enough to do, so I'll take the burden off by creating your to do list for you..........

A chap, a very cleaver chap with a bread board, could fab an onboard G meter , which of course he would watch with the on board camera.

Or maybe a canary could be put into service.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2019, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Paine
Kent,

I like to conclude my threads with a video of of the model in flight. When I eventually film the Discus I will deliberately put it in some "high flex" situations so that we can all satisfy our curiosity. It would be good to have a G-meter in the model to correlate with the footage but I I am still flying with a telemetry-free Multiplex MC4000.

K
I have a stand-alone G meter you can borrow, it records the highest G load reached so that after landing you can see what the peak G was during the flight. If you need live readings, I can arrange that too.
Oct 07, 2019, 04:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryC
I have a stand-alone G meter you can borrow, it records the highest G load reached so that after landing you can see what the peak G was during the flight. If you need live readings, I can arrange that too.
Thanks for the offer Harry. Alternatively I could press that Taranis I bought off you ages ago into service.

K.
Oct 29, 2019, 03:24 PM
Thread OP

Joiner Tubes and Incidence pegs.

Sorry for the delay in posting folks. As anticipated, starting this thread brought forth more contract work.

I made a jig out of MDF to align my wing joiner and incidence peg boring tubes. I didn’t photograph every step but you can find a detailed account of my technique here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9&postcount=47

The only difference between then an now is that this time I set the dihedral at 3 degrees first and then determined how deep I could push the boring tube in to leave a 1.5mm (1/16”) gap between the tip of the bore and the foam bed. 95mm in this case. That is what the piece of balsa is to the right of the first photo on the foam bed: ghetto feeler gauge .
Last edited by Kenneth Paine; Oct 30, 2019 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Syntax

Quick Reply