Sep 07, 2019, 03:06 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Forward Programming parameters in 150s FBL

Hi all,

Recently I brought my 150s and in fact having fun with it. But some may know I wrongly altered the Proportional/Integrals/Deviation setting of Swashplate Cyclic and Pitch of the FBL using Forward Programming function provided by Spektrum TX (note: not Text Gen/Gain Adjustment) and canít get back its original flight characteristics. I have tried for more than 2 weeks but progress is still slow.

Does someone experienced on using Spektrumís Forward Programming function tell me the proper way to adjust it via that function, or if possible could someone can tell me their settings in Forward Programming->Swashplate->Cyclic, and Pitch to me as a starting point?

This is my first heli with adjustable FBL and I have no experience on tuning FBL before. Any advices appreciated. Many thanks.

(Attached below are the current values in Forward Programming. Note in Text Gen of Telemetry all values are still 100 currently.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by HumanYeung; Sep 08, 2019 at 11:07 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2019, 01:34 PM
Here are mine..
I did not see a screen for the tail..
Sep 10, 2019, 08:11 PM
Thread OP

Cool!

I will update mine and fine tune if needed. Million thanks!

PS: Tail rotor Gain is at Forward Programming-> Tail Rotor. Thatís where I dialled my tail Gain as shown in post #1.

Sep 11, 2019, 03:11 AM
Heligamist
Brain Bremer posted on HF that if you use the Forward Programming Menus you need to set the stick programming ones all back to 100 to avoid stacking settings.
Sep 11, 2019, 03:25 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
Brain Bremer posted on HF that if you use the Forward Programming Menus you need to set the stick programming ones all back to 100 to avoid stacking settings.

Thatís something I ask HH for weeks without solid reply! Great to know!

I canít find that message in HF otherwise I should either donít touch forward programming or not email to HH for further info. Good lesson learnt to me...and I think Spektrum should mention that in their manuals to avoid confusion.

(All I could find in HF about tuning FBL Gain is the Dr.Mís guide to tune Tarot ZYX FBL. Which is very detailed and valuable info on how Gains acted on FBL. I think similar processes should work on other FBL too...)

Sep 11, 2019, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
Thanx Dad, I did not know they worked that way.
Sep 11, 2019, 10:31 AM
Thread OP
Big thanks to Gyronut and BrokeDad, my 150s is back to normal! Yay!!! XD

Owe you 2 a drink !

Sep 11, 2019, 01:14 PM
We will arrive tomorrow to take you up on that..
Sep 11, 2019, 07:02 PM
Thread OP

If you two come to HK (or I go to US) just PM each other and have a chat (or even a RC hangout) somewhere!

Just want to thanks again since the 150s was a milestone to me on more advanced heli setup and tuning. Nothing can be tuned (other than TX setting and hardware setup) on my previous Helis (nCPS/nS2/mCPS). I expect experience here will help me toward the next goal ó an Oxy2 kit built with Spirit (around next year I hope).

Last edited by HumanYeung; Sep 11, 2019 at 07:17 PM.
Sep 11, 2019, 10:25 PM
just a note...if you have the spektrum usb cable you can overwrite any changes to the software by finding the original set up file on the spektrum site and then connecting it to the rec. also, if possible, when you want to play with software create a copy of the model before you starting tweaking. saves a lot of grief at times! have fun the 150!
Sep 11, 2019, 10:49 PM
Thread OP

Yeah I saw that Programming cable and adapter for the receiver...Iím just not sure whether I should buy it just for AR6335A FBL setting adjustment or not. And Spektrum TX donít have a receiver software for MacOSóóI only have MacBook Pro with iPhone/iPad at home. I may not be able to do the firmware upgrade and thatís one of the reasons I target Spirit (instead of iKon/Microbeast) as next Heliís FBL.

Thanks all for the great info!

Sep 12, 2019, 02:02 AM
Heligamist
I gave up drinking (alcohol) many years ago but thanks. The biggest reward is knowing you helped somebody out.
Sep 12, 2019, 08:54 AM
^^^

Quick Reply