Sep 07, 2019, 12:58 AM
Thread OP
Question

Prophet 2m

How much would a NIB 2m Prophet made by Davey Aircraft System's go for. A friend has one and I want to buy it.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2019, 09:08 AM
I bought an original Joe Ruth kit for 80 bucks a few years ago, and considered it to be a very good deal. I'd consider paying up to 100. Note that both the Davey (I knew Ted Davey personally) and Ruth kits are very poor in quality compared to modern standards; there's a lot more shaping and fitting, there are major discrepancies in the plans and you're on your own if you want spoilers or a different wing hold-down system. Some of the early kits had plans that, if blindly followed, would yield asymmetrical wings ! I always felt that Prophets outflew the much more popular sagitta 600's back in the 80's but Sagitta kits were gorgeous compared to Prophets. Several people, including me, have simply resorted to scratch building Prophets because in the end it isn't much more work than starting with the kit. They are fantastic flyers though!
Sep 08, 2019, 03:40 PM
Thread OP
My Prophet 4 is a MAN plan's built and It's a good flyer. I've thought about making mold's for a glass fuse version. I actually had someone ask if mine was a glass version. Mine is just sheathed in glass. Thank's for your input.
May 02, 2020, 01:29 PM
I just kind of stumbled onto this thread but thought I'd leave a comment on my Prophet 2m. A few years ago I scratch built my second prophet (first one built back in the 1987 time frame) and it has turned out to be one of my favorite to fly and best I've built. I built it with a one piece wing reinforced with some carbon caps and is tough as nails and overall flying weight is at 28oz with plently room for ballast. It is setup as RES and is a very good performer.

Quick Reply