This thread is privately moderated by slomofoe, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 05, 2019, 08:59 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

drones

I'm hooked! I love all the flips and tricks that a plane can't do. I didn't think I would like it, I love it.
I've always had that glide ratio on a plane to fall back on. Some have a huge glide to them. I know the cub with a full wing is like a glider. You have to fly it into the landing where the clipped wing will come down on it's own. Even the shape will give more lift. The wing profile has so much to do with the flying characteristics.
Now the drone. Wow, what a difference. I couldn't wait for the vortex fix, so I got the torrent. I have to say I'm in a whole learning curve and I like it. I'm a long way from anything good but the new rush and thrill from something new is exhilarating. If my neighbors didn't hate me before, they do now. Up till now it's just been running up a motor in the back yard to get it ready for a day out. Now I'm buzzing around, and around, and around.
I went looking for a new plane I could fly in the yard and everything I looked at in my price range,( about 150) was too fast or so light and slow that any wind would take it for a ride three blocks over. That's when the salesman told me about the torrent. I was sceptical at first, so I went home and look at reviews and video's. I came back the next day and grabbed it and some batteries. Can't have too many batteries.
Now the glide ratio. When a plane battery starts to go it gives some warning. No power or lift, some will pulse to tell you your going down. with enough altitude you can usually get it closer to home, at least a controlled crash, but a drome just ends. That's it. I need to set the timer lower and fly closer to my yard.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply