Sep 05, 2019, 08:40 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

iFlight DC3 HD SucceX Mini-E F4 3 Inch FPV Racing Drone PNP BNF w/ DJI Digital HD FPV

iFlight DC3 HD SucceX Mini-E F4 3 Inch FPV Racing Drone PNP BNF w/ DJI Digital HD FPV System - TBS Crossfire Nano RX

iFlight DC3 HD SucceX Mini-E F4 3 Inch FPV Racing Drone PNP BNF w/ DJI Digital HD FPV System

Description:
The DC3 HD Quad BNF features the amazing new DJI FPV system, this quad makes flying FPV truly breathtaking.
With the 720p video shown at 120fps through the goggles, DJI has set the bar at a new high for clarity and image quality in an FPV system.
This DC3 is a mini 3 inch quad which is no prop in view, equipped SucceX Mini-E F4 Stack and popular XING motor

Specification:
Brand Name: iFlight
Model: DC3 HD
Item Name: SucceX Mini-E F4 3 Inch FPV Racing Drone
- No Prop in view
- Equipped with SucceX Mini-E F4 Stack
- Bind and Fly Built and test flown by our Pilot Team
- Equipped with the DJI FPV Air Unit -Bind and Fly
- Buttery-smooth 720p 120fps FPV feed
- Pre-tuned with smooth freestyle settings
- Full 3K Carbon Fiber airframe with chamfered arms
- Equipped with XING 1404 motors
- Weight:160g ( without battery)

Package Included:
1x Prebuilt and tested DC3 HD Quadcopter
1x DC3 HD Frame
1x DJI Digital HD FPV Air Unit (FPV Camera + Air Unit Module)
1x TPU Bracket for DJI Air Unit Module
1x TPU Antenna holder for DJI antenna
2x TPU camera side plate solft mount
1x iFlight Lipo Strap
2x HQ 3x3x3 Propeller (Set of 4 - Color May Vary)
4x XING 1404 Motor
1x SucceX Mini-E Flight Controller
1x SucceX Mini-E BLHeli_S 35A 4-in-1 ESC 2-6S
2x DJI FPV Air Unit Antenna (MMCX 90° - Pair) (From Air Unit Packaging)

Last edited by Merch; Sep 05, 2019 at 08:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2019, 08:55 PM
Thread OP
This looks very nice indeed if you have the cash!
Sep 19, 2019, 11:17 PM

Prop screws too short?

I received mine today, but the prop screws included with it are too short for the props provided. I know one other person reported this same issue in the DJI Digital FPV System thread.

Has anyone NOT had this problem?

Larry
Sep 21, 2019, 11:50 PM

Prop Screws too short?

FYI, they are sending longer ones. Presumably they have corrected the problem in manufacturing and newly shipped ones won't have this problem.

Larry
Sep 23, 2019, 12:25 AM
Check out my review of the DC3

PERFECT DJI FPV BNF Drone // iFlight DC3 😍 (12 min 17 sec)
Sep 23, 2019, 11:16 PM
pete

Iflght dc3 dji

I received my Iflight DC3 DJI BNF with Frsky R-XSR today. Activation, software update binding work perfect.

During Betaflight setup, I noticed they had reversed the props which was my first, so I went with it and placed my props on the quad as such.

The grip length on the prop screws did seem short, but when I tighten them down it was fine.

The battery I used was GNB 750 4s for the quad and the Tattu 2500 2s for the Goggles, I used a battery velco strap to the side of the DJi head strap

The stock DJI battery long cable I used at first seem to disconnect very easy when moved around so I din't use it

The DJI goggles did have light leakage , however the picture was still great !

The DC3 flew very Docile with the stock tune, this quad defiantly needs to be Retuned for Freestyle type flying. The camera angle needs to be tilted up.

Over all the Build Quality is Great ! The HD Picture as very Nice !
Sep 25, 2019, 05:04 PM
pete

Short Range problem fixed

On my second flight on my Iflight DC3 I noticed I wasn't getting very good range

So one of 2 things fixed it?

1. I was flying without any SD cards so I put one in the Air unit and Goggles and formatted them both ?

2. I took a small screw driver and gently pushed on the Antenna Connectors to make sure they were both Seated properly ?

Anyway I am now getting Great Range a beautiful FPV HD Picture !! on 700mw no Red Range Bars anymore !
Sep 27, 2019, 04:02 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by marblekit View Post
Check out my review of the DC3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VQXCUn7Kr8

Great review Albert.
Sep 28, 2019, 08:20 PM
Prying Open My Third Eye
Ordered me one today direct from IFlight. Plan on using 750's
Oct 15, 2019, 11:35 PM
Hello All,

I got DC3 with inbox HQT3x3x3 and have a lot wobble when throttle up from default PID Setup out of the box.

I tried a lot of setting with this quad but still have a bit wobble when throttle. If someone have good PID & setup to fly smooth without wobble when throttle, please share.

Thank you in advance
Oct 16, 2019, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiamSu View Post
Hello All,

I got DC3 with inbox HQT3x3x3 and have a lot wobble when throttle up from default PID Setup out of the box.

I tried a lot of setting with this quad but still have a bit wobble when throttle. If someone have good PID & setup to fly smooth without wobble when throttle, please share.

Thank you in advance
The 4.0 community presets for 3" 14xx flies smooth

#Filter Settings
set gyro_lowpass_type = BiQUAD
set dyn_notch_min_hz = 150
set dyn_lpf_gyro_min_hz = 150
set dyn_lpf_gyro_max_hz = 650
set dyn_lpf_dterm_min_hz = 150
set dyn_lpf_dterm_max_hz = 250
set dterm_lowpass_type = BiQUAD
set dterm_lowpass2_hz = 150

#PID Gains Settings
set vbat_pid_gain = ON
set anti_gravity_gain = 5000

set p_pitch = 38
set i_pitch = 85
set d_pitch = 35

set p_roll = 35
set i_roll = 78
set d_roll = 32

set d_min_pitch = 18
set d_min_roll = 16
set d_min_boost_gain = 30
set d_min_advance = 0

set pidsum_limit = 1000 #unleashes PID Sum to be 100% (not restricted to 50% by default)

#Assumes Freestyle | For racing use "Setpoint" and cutoff = 20
set iterm_relax_type = GYRO
set iterm_relax_cutoff = 10

#TPA Settings (which is D-term only by default)
set tpa_rate = 80
set tpa_breakpoint = 1800
save
Oct 17, 2019, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hildymedic View Post
The 4.0 community presets for 3" 14xx flies smooth

#Filter Settings
set gyro_lowpass_type = BiQUAD
set dyn_notch_min_hz = 150
set dyn_lpf_gyro_min_hz = 150
set dyn_lpf_gyro_max_hz = 650
set dyn_lpf_dterm_min_hz = 150
set dyn_lpf_dterm_max_hz = 250
set dterm_lowpass_type = BiQUAD
set dterm_lowpass2_hz = 150

#PID Gains Settings
set vbat_pid_gain = ON
set anti_gravity_gain = 5000

set p_pitch = 38
set i_pitch = 85
set d_pitch = 35

set p_roll = 35
set i_roll = 78
set d_roll = 32

set d_min_pitch = 18
set d_min_roll = 16
set d_min_boost_gain = 30
set d_min_advance = 0

set pidsum_limit = 1000 #unleashes PID Sum to be 100% (not restricted to 50% by default)

#Assumes Freestyle | For racing use "Setpoint" and cutoff = 20
set iterm_relax_type = GYRO
set iterm_relax_cutoff = 10

#TPA Settings (which is D-term only by default)
set tpa_rate = 80
set tpa_breakpoint = 1800
save
Appreciate and thank you so much for your support. I'll try it soon.
Oct 18, 2019, 01:36 PM
I just got it as well, tried stock pids and this community preset and still horrible wobble on the pitch axis when throttling up... but only the pitch axis nothing else... i dont even know where it could come from.. any clues?

---------------------

ok im going to make sure tomorow when i can go fly again, but i just tested in my living room and it seems it was just a balance issue, since it has the air unit in the back the weight distribution is more back heavy and i had the lipo in the back as well like a dumb dumb... i tried a 20s flight with the lipo all the way in the front so its more balanced and i didnt notice ANY wobble... so user error i guess thanks anyways even if nobody answered im leaving this here in case it helps anyone @SiamSu

---------------------

nevermind i cant get this quad flying correctly, i thought it was better but i didnt test enough... either the flight controller is messed up (bad gyro) or something else is going on... but cant figure it out
Last edited by meekaah; Oct 21, 2019 at 01:50 PM.
Oct 23, 2020, 09:47 AM
Has anybody got a copy of the very first iFlight DC3 betaflight firmware? When iFlight first released the DC3 it had a F4 board in it and within weeks they quickly changed it to another FC. Note the ones all pictured in the threads above have the second board. I still have the first board and I didn't keep a copy of the original firmware.

Quick Reply