Jan 11, 2020, 10:43 PM
VE7FM
The manual suggests throttle cut should be -130%, did you try that?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2020, 10:47 PM
I am not a robot
It should default to -130% when you first program it. Mine is set like that, and mine does the same delay before shutting off the motor. I thought it was to help prevent the noobs from making hard landings. But mine is also stuck in permanent safe mode. HH has promised me a new board....maybe someday, Until then mine sits on a shelf doing nothing.

And I'm guessing that no one from HH who can help ever reads these threads.
Jan 11, 2020, 11:09 PM
VE7FM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip
It should default to -130% when you first program it. Mine is set like that, and mine does the same delay before shutting off the motor. I thought it was to help prevent the noobs from making hard landings. But mine is also stuck in permanent safe mode. HH has promised me a new board....maybe someday, Until then mine sits on a shelf doing nothing.

And I'm guessing that no one from HH who can help ever reads these threads.
The default of -130% may only apply to Spektrum transmitters, he isn't using a Spektrum radio. Also I believe Spektrum now defaults to -100 with the newest firmware but most of the heli's they sell still need the -130%.

Sideslip if you watch the monitor screen on your transmitter what does channel 5 indicate when you switch flight modes?
Jan 11, 2020, 11:12 PM
I am not a robot
It's been a while sense I looked last. But all the programming seems to be correct. I've even talked to the HH tech dept. Didn't do any good, and they promised to send me a new board. Boards are out of stock until who knows when.
Jan 12, 2020, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteve
The default of -130% may only apply to Spektrum transmitters, he isn't using a Spektrum radio. Also I believe Spektrum now defaults to -100 with the newest firmware but most of the heli's they sell still need the -130%.

Sideslip if you watch the monitor screen on your transmitter what does channel 5 indicate when you switch flight modes?
Yes my radio is a Walkera Devo 8S devention radio flashed with the deviationtx firmware.

My throttle curves cannot go beyond -100
Jan 12, 2020, 11:05 AM

Fixed - Instant throttle cut for Blade MCPX BL2

Okay, I've just tried programming the throttle cut to -130 on my Devo 8S transmitter and it's fixed the throttle cut 4 second delay issue.

You can also program the sub trim on the Throttle, which will resolve the motor cutting off instantly when it's all the way down.
When I set the throttle sub-trim to -30, although it cut the motor instantly my Heli was unable to lift higher than a metre off the ground so I don't recommend this as it affects the Heli's flying characteristics.

I really hope this helps anyone else out there experiencing issues with the throttle cut 4 second delays, and thank you so much guys for your valuable input.

Jan 16, 2020, 02:08 PM
I am so disappointed with blade anymore, the first few flights, mainly hovering in the house went well, then after the thing will just bank hard to the left, you can land it, it will be fine for a few flights then just show up again, like what the hell! The last three blade purchases I made they had to send me parts to make it right, I am so frustrated right now. I have read in other forums of people having the same issue.
Feb 06, 2020, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129
I am so disappointed with blade anymore, the first few flights, mainly hovering in the house went well, then after the thing will just bank hard to the left, you can land it, it will be fine for a few flights then just show up again, like what the hell! The last three blade purchases I made they had to send me parts to make it right, I am so frustrated right now. I have read in other forums of people having the same issue.
Hi had exactly the same issue with my first Blade MCPX BL2 as you did, I tried to contact Horizon Hobby and they fobbed me off telling me to claim my warranty from Wheelspin models, I contacted wheelspin models and they replaced the faulty Blade instantly.
I have had nothing less than great service from the Wheelspin models team, where as absolutely atrocious crappy service from horizon hobby, they don't give 3 monkeys anymore.

With Horizon Hobby, once you've purchased their products they don't care, your on your own if the model shop is difficult to deal with basically.
Feb 08, 2020, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredfist
Hi had exactly the same issue with my first Blade MCPX BL2 as you did, I tried to contact Horizon Hobby and they fobbed me off telling me to claim my warranty from Wheelspin models, I contacted wheelspin models and they replaced the faulty Blade instantly.
I have had nothing less than great service from the Wheelspin models team, where as absolutely atrocious crappy service from horizon hobby, they don't give 3 monkeys anymore.

With Horizon Hobby, once you've purchased their products they don't care, your on your own if the model shop is difficult to deal with basically.
yeah its sad, back in the day they would really hook you up.

Quick Reply