Oct 28, 2020, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSport
In my opinion ..... if you got one that didn't suffer from the many QA problems that some of us have had .... or with replacement parts when our no problem version was injured, then you are still lovin it. It isn't bad when it is right, my replacement BL2 seems to be fine now ..... now that I removed the bent from the factory aluminum main shaft and threw another $15+s&h at it with a replacement aftermarket hardened titanium shaft.

I will say that the M1 is certainly a much cheaper heli than the BL2 and I plan to get one. So far my M2 has not needed any aftermarket parts to get it to fly right ..... as for the BL2 $180 + $15 for MH shaft + $25 for RKH Swash + $8 for a battery = $228 .... then add on the RKH $55 CF Frame I haven't installed to make in nearly as precise as the $240 M1 that comes with some spare parts and at least 1 battery.

The BL2 is really at least $50 over priced for what you get. Maybe they could put a battery and some spare main and tail blades in the box and come in as a better value at closer to the current price. Sure hope nobody spent the MSRP $200 US price for it!

How is the RKH main frame working out ?

I have Micro Heli one one the way and anxious try it out... Does the tailboom twist at all inside of it from a crash or does it hold up pretty good?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2020, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011
Agreed! Absolutely crazy that the mCPX BL2 is only $20 short of the price for the 150S!
That’s why I returned my BL2 for credit and went with the 150s. No regrets. Far better value and quality.
Oct 29, 2020, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger650
That’s why I returned my BL2 for credit and went with the 150s. No regrets. Far better value and quality.
They are very different heli's. Can't compare - the 150S weighs more than 3X the mCPX BL2.
Oct 29, 2020, 04:15 PM
Folding Spacetime
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshiah
They are very different heli's. Can't compare - the 150S weighs more than 3X the mCPX BL2.
Very true! I've had a lot of fun with my mCPX BL2, and I look forward to flying it some more. But I don't think the mCPX BL2 should be priced within $20 of something like the 150S.
Oct 29, 2020, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Very true! I've had a lot of fun with my mCPX BL2, and I look forward to flying it some more. But I don't think the mCPX BL2 should be priced within $20 of something like the 150S.
The 150s looks very appealing for that price. I only the 230v2 besides the BL2 and this heli is very quick to me in anything other than thr first flight mode...
That being said how much faster is the 150 and can it be flown in small indoor gym like the BL2?
Also will the 150 take a beating better without popping off the linkages or blowing out its whole rear end (tail assembly) after minor crashes?

Thanks
Oct 29, 2020, 04:38 PM
Folding Spacetime
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddley
The 150s looks very appealing for that price. I only the 230v2 besides the BL2 and this heli is very quick to me in anything other than thr first flight mode...
That being said how much faster is the 150 and can it be flown in small indoor gym like the BL2?
Also will the 150 take a beating better without popping off the linkages or blowing out its whole rear end (tail assembly) after minor crashes?

Thanks
I don't have a 230, but I've heard that the 150S tends to be faster. If you are flying in a basketball-type gym, then yes the 150S will be great.

As for taking a beating, I've run both the mCPX BL2 and the 150S through the gauntlet. Flying over grass is the most forgiving for both helicopters. All the same, both will require parts if you crash. In general, however, I found the crash damage imparted to the mCPX BL2 tended to make the heli unflyable more often than the crash damage inflicted on the 150S, which tended to make the heli more difficult to fly but still flyable.

But here's the thing -- since you said the 230 is very quick, my recommendation is to fly mCPX BL2 like you stole it, learn to repair it when you crash, maybe install some upgrades over time, and keep on flying it until it all gets routine and maybe a bit boring. Then, upgrade to something with more performance. Doing this in combination with a good simulator will grow your skills much faster than flying something that feels uneasy.
Oct 29, 2020, 04:49 PM
Quote:
I don't have a 230, but I've heard that the 150S tends to be faster. If you are flying in a basketball-type gym, then yes the 150S will be great.

As for taking a beating, I've run both the mCPX BL2 and the 150S through the gauntlet. Flying over grass is the most forgiving for both helicopters. All the same, both will require parts if you crash. In general, however, I found the crash damage imparted to the mCPX BL2 tended to make the heli unflyable more often than the crash damage inflicted on the 150S, which tended to make the heli more difficult to fly but still flyable.

But here's the thing -- since you said the 230 is very quick, my recommendation is to fly mCPX BL2 like you stole it, learn to repair it when you crash, maybe install some upgrades over time, and keep on flying it until it all gets routine and maybe a bit boring. Then, upgrade to something with more performance. Doing this in combination with a good simulator will grow your skills much faster than flying something that feels uneasy.
I have RF8 and fly it often. I think u misunderstood, the 230 is tame and not quick except if flight mode 3. The BL2 is much quicker quick for a much smaller heli and can get small quick especially in the 2 nd and 3rd flight modes. I have a new MH main frame on the way with a more visible canopy and lots of spares coming too. Once I get the BL2 dialed in and consistently good doing some 3d with it, then it will be time to go back to my 6s 360 cfx
Oct 29, 2020, 04:52 PM
Folding Spacetime
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddley
I have RF8 and fly it often. I think u misunderstood, the 230 is tame and not quick except if flight mode 3. The BL2 is much quicker quick for a much smaller heli and can get small quick especially in the 2 nd and 3rd flight modes. I have a new MH main frame on the way with a more visible canopy and lots of spares coming too. Once I get the BL2 dialed in and consistently good doing some 3d with it, then it will be time to go back to my 6s 360 cfx
Yes, I misunderstood you. Sorry about that!

If the 230 is tame, I think you'll like the 150S.
Oct 29, 2020, 05:11 PM
Quote:
When they are within $20 of each other you can compare lol
Oct 31, 2020, 03:34 AM
For those who are interested in the OMP M1, I got to maiden my pre-production M1 today and put 14 packs through it. I used 350mAH packs for the mCPX BL2 with an adapter. As far as flight characteristics are concerned, the M1 is very different to that of the mCPX BL2. I found doing almost everything on the M1 more difficult than the BL2. This includes continuous flips and rolls, piroflips, tic-tocs, funnels and reverse inverted flight. It could be because the M1 is far more aggressive.

Having said that, I am almost done with the BL2. I have had too much problems with the board and it is not that durable either. I had several crashes with the M1 today and the heli was completely unscathed. It is no doubt much more durable than the mCPX Bl2.
Last edited by zadaw; Oct 31, 2020 at 08:43 AM.
Oct 31, 2020, 10:45 AM
Folding Spacetime
Your description of the M1 reminds me of the performance of the Trex 150X.
Oct 31, 2020, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger650
When they are within $20 of each other you can compare lol
Nope....are you saying you can compare a cheap 450 size heli if it happens to be priced within $20?
Oct 31, 2020, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw
For those who are interested in the OMP M1, I got to maiden my pre-production M1 today and put 14 packs through it. I used 350mAH packs for the mCPX BL2 with an adapter. As far as flight characteristics are concerned, the M1 is very different to that of the mCPX BL2. I found doing almost everything on the M1 more difficult than the BL2. This includes continuous flips and rolls, piroflips, tic-tocs, funnels and reverse inverted flight. It could be because the M1 is far more aggressive.

Having said that, I am almost done with the BL2. I have had too much problems with the board and it is not that durable either. I had several crashes with the M1 today and the heli was completely unscathed. It is no doubt much more durable than the mCPX Bl2.
How would you compare the flight characteristics and durability against the 150S?
Nov 01, 2020, 05:22 AM
Quote:
How would you compare the flight characteristics and durability against the 150S?
The M1 should be more durable than the 150S, although the only things I break on the 150S are the main gears, tail blades and skids. The 150S is less aggressive and easier to fly than the M1. For sports flying though, the M1 is perfectly OK as it is very stable.
Nov 01, 2020, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw
The M1 should be more durable than the 150S, although the only things I break on the 150S are the main gears, tail blades and skids. The 150S is less aggressive and easier to fly than the M1. For sports flying though, the M1 is perfectly OK as it is very stable.
I currently fly K110, Nano S2, mCPX BL2, and E160. I don't try any acrobatics on the E160 because it seems very fragile. I've only dumped it once so far - and it was during the maiden flight in 6G mode (I never fly 6G mode now). The 6G mode on it sucks - I was fighting the gyro and hit throttle hold. It dropped about 8 feet from the sky but the main gear, servo arm, and landing skids broke from a relatively mild dump. So now I only sport fly it.

I'm looking for my next heli that's a little more capable for 3D - the 150S and M1 are on my list. They both look to be available in November (150S currently out of stock). The 150S looks to be similar in size to the E160 but less fragile. The M1, being smaller, might be a little more crash-proof than the larger 150S.
However, I think Blade heli's are generally designed to be easier to fly... tough choice it seems :-)
Last edited by tshiah; Nov 01, 2020 at 05:35 PM.

Quick Reply