Sep 14, 2019, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim townsend
Not sure how many have found these stands, but I immediately fell in love with mine.
Got it from www.foam-flite.com
A little on the complicated side, but interesting.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2019, 01:11 PM
Quote:
That's a bit bigger plane than even my biggest, I suspect... My biggest is a Cub with an 80 inch wingspan
LOL! My smallest airframe is a PAU Ultimate with an 82" wingspan.
Sep 15, 2019, 02:10 PM
Illegitimi non carborundum
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Robart. Cheap, flexible, and disposable when necessary.

Andy
+1

Mine is beat to heck but it's easily repairable. I added some foam styrofoam blocks for height so I could work on planes with taller vertical stabilizers, like this 1/4 scale Cessna 150.

Jan 19, 2020, 10:49 PM

Any problems with Foam Flite?

Quote:
Not sure how many have found these stands, but I immediately fell in love with mine.
Got it from www.foam-flite.com
I just ordered the same stand. I received three e-mails from them. Accepting my order. Another saying parts were on back order. The third saying they've accepted my payment. In dealing with other RC vendors, they usually tell before you order if it is not available. They certainly don't usually take your money if they can't ship something.
Jan 19, 2020, 11:55 PM
crash pilot extraordinaire
Thread OP
That does sound sketchy. When I ordered mine, it shipped right away.
Jan 25, 2020, 03:16 PM
RE POST #7, FWIW:

I just attempted to open the URL shown and got an instant Malwarebytes Trojan warning.

GeneH
Jan 25, 2020, 06:15 PM
'Douglas' to his friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha35
RE POST #7, FWIW:

I just attempted to open the URL shown and got an instant Malwarebytes Trojan warning.

GeneH
I've just now clicked on that link and it opens perfectly the target site and can see the stand. Just sayin'.
Jan 25, 2020, 07:14 PM
Thread OP
Maybe Alpha visited one too many wrong sites??? LOL!!!
Jan 25, 2020, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad3353
I've just now clicked on that link and it opens perfectly the target site and can see the stand. Just sayin'.
Works fine for me too.

Long as we're talking about stands, I have to say that I think that the "el cheapo" Robart Super Stand II is the best of the stands as far as useful design goes.
Having used them for quite a while, and trying other designs, I always come back to the R-SSII.
Jan 25, 2020, 10:45 PM
Re Post #7 URL'

I did not say the link did not work, I said that Malwarwebytes to which I subscribe flagged it
as it containng a Trojan and would not open it unless I chose to overide the warning. Having been warned, I chose not to open it, just to play it safe.
Jan 25, 2020, 10:58 PM
Thread OP
My response was just me joking around... Hope you weren't offended
Jan 26, 2020, 01:02 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
I beat you all on price -- not so much on looks or quality. But they work.

I choose a suitable cardboard box and cut away everything that isn't a stand. Made up three sizes and store them nested.

Use the same technique for storing problem-foamies that need help staying straight in storage. I typically support the plane at 6 points. It even straightens warped planes, given time.
Jan 26, 2020, 02:24 AM
Thread OP
No such thing as one perfect stand. Many design ideas to suit many different needs.....
Jan 26, 2020, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha35
Re Post #7 URL'

I did not say the link did not work, I said that Malwarwebytes to which I subscribe flagged it
as it containng a Trojan and would not open it unless I chose to overide the warning. Having been warned, I chose not to open it, just to play it safe.
When I said it works for me, I meant that it worked as normal with no malware warnings.

Malwarebytes is a good program and might be more deeply tuned to identify sites that have certificates that have expired or some other such "out-of-the-perfect" condition.
Another possibility is that might have malware on your computer, but a deep scan should easily verify that it's clean on your end.
You can also do a search on the suspect site to see it's certificate info and you might find the reason there.

I use some XPS receivers and accessories, and to this day, their update file is identified by my software as being malware (virus), but it is a known issue and is definitely not a virus.
Computers: I've hated them since 1982.
Jan 29, 2020, 12:41 PM
Or current resident
I have the small foam flite stand. Being able to adjust it to fit whatever model I'm working on is a big plus.

Hey, a fellow computer hater. Welcome to the club.
I've been hating computers since 1978. (Honeywell 316 mainframe)
Glenn

Quick Reply