Oct 26, 2021, 03:39 PM
That makes sense, so it seems like I should be able to follow along the Mk Ultra instructions for most part. I will give a go, will report back hopefully with success!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2021, 01:15 PM
What is Geardiff01 vs Geardiff02?

I recognize Geardiff01 from the MK Ultra, but I'm not sure what is Geardiff02
Nov 13, 2021, 03:48 PM
Site Aspie
Thread OP
02 is a planetary diff. It was experimental and uploaded by accident. It's not useable.
Nov 13, 2021, 04:47 PM
Ok thanks!
Nov 21, 2021, 11:47 PM
What is a good dog bone length for the axles?
Nov 30, 2021, 01:35 PM
Just wanted to say things are coming along very nicely! Thank you for sharing this design. Hoping to get the electronics in this week.
Dec 01, 2021, 05:28 AM
Site Aspie
Thread OP
Nice job. Did you find dog bones? I don't remember off my head what length but there shoud be info on Cults.
Dec 04, 2021, 01:25 AM
I did, ended up going with 44mm which seem to work great.

Did run into one more problem with the build - for whatever reason my servo + saver combo seems a little longer than yours, so I had to mount the ball + link opposite to what you did. Mine is on the side closer to the servo, your seems to be the side closer to the belt.
Dec 07, 2021, 04:55 PM
Site Aspie
Thread OP
As long as it works. I rarely use a servo saver.
Dec 11, 2021, 02:00 PM
Site Aspie
Thread OP
My FWD chassis is really fun to drive. I haven't released the touring version of this chassis and not sure I will because it's a major chore to make manuals and keep up with support of all my things as I have so many things up for download.

3D-Printed FWD Touring Car Indoor Practice - Pac-Man (3 min 57 sec)

Keeps up with the other brushless 4WD cars on this tight track.
Dec 11, 2021, 07:38 PM
Site Aspie
Thread OP
Here's what Pac-Man looks like under the body.
Dec 15, 2021, 05:25 AM
Site Aspie
Thread OP
I redesigned the Veltro chassis. I won't release it yet and don't know when, I just did it because I am building a Ford Sierra RS500 touring car for the first track day in january. It uses shorter belts instead of the MK Ultra belts to straighten the angles at the dogbones, and changes pretty much everything a little bit. Hopefully the belts arrive in time. I added a crash-protection system that springs back the front suspension on impact yet holds it firmly in place when driving with three 2x20mm silicone o-rings (the same that are used on my diffs). Seems to work well. I also changed the chassis to be able to use ni-mh packs by changing out one part on the right side. It's slightly right heavy with the ni-mh pack so I'm gonna use a low profile servo to reduce the weight on the right side.
Dec 27, 2021, 01:00 PM
The crash protection is pretty ingenious!

Do you happen to have any pictures of the the sway bars installed on the veltro? I was just looking at the STL and I realize I don't 100% know how it goes together, or where the bar mounts to the chassis.

That said, I haven't decided yet if the car needs them.
Jan 11, 2022, 07:05 AM
Site Aspie
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcjh
The crash protection is pretty ingenious!

Do you happen to have any pictures of the the sway bars installed on the veltro? I was just looking at the STL and I realize I don't 100% know how it goes together, or where the bar mounts to the chassis.

That said, I haven't decided yet if the car needs them.
Sorry for the late reply. I don't have sway bars on my own Veltro but it should be the same concept as on my MK Ultra so here are some pictures of my Mk Ultra Porsche 959 sway bars.
Jan 11, 2022, 07:06 AM
Site Aspie
Thread OP
Here's a video of my first session with the FWD touring car in 2022. I upgraded fro the Stock 27T Tamiya silvercan to a 19T modified motor and lowered the chassis a little to it needed a new setup. Initially it was loose but I got it working well by treating the trear tires again later.

First Indoor RC Car Session Of 2022 (5 min 20 sec)

Quick Reply