Sep 17, 2019, 10:11 AM
Aedificem ergo sum
Yes, Sandy took a bunch of pics and video. One of us will be posting them soon...
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 10:20 AM
Aedificem ergo sum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
FYI Sawn Craft carries the thin Velcro if you can't find it locally at Michael's, JoAnnes Fabrics, etc.
FYI-I recently discovered the Velcro "hangables" (in a blister pack) and "Removable mounting tape" (in the big box) are the super-thin velcro, but with a weaker adhesive. Since I generally wind up gluing the stuff on anyway, the weaker adhesive doesn't bother me, and the box package is just about a lifetime supply. I think I found it at either Lowes or (shudder) Wal-mart.
Sep 18, 2019, 04:59 AM

Here’s some visual candy

I took these Friday night, I have some videos too, and will post a bit later.
Sep 18, 2019, 05:38 AM
Ray flying
Mounded carbon rod RC airplane NEAT fair Friday indoor flying (3 min 18 sec)
Last edited by fmhans; Sep 18, 2019 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Quick edit
Sep 18, 2019, 05:42 AM

More unedited video hope you enjoy

Small RC airplane (0 min 18 sec)

Cartoon f-14 indoor flying (0 min 35 sec)

Random indoor flying (0 min 41 sec)

Unknown fast but tiny indoor airplane NEAT 2019 (0 min 38 sec)

Delfly Nimble flapping wing flier. (2 min 5 sec)

Gordon’s cf Citabria, in a tent at NEAT 2019 (0 min 19 sec)
Sep 18, 2019, 09:34 AM
Forward ever, backward never!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermike
Yes, Sandy took a bunch of pics and video. One of us will be posting them soon...
Thank you, Mike! I was just re-watching your videos from previous years, and look forward to what you shot for 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmhans
I took these Friday night, I have some videos too, and will post a bit later.
Excellent, Fritz! Now I can really feel like I was there.
Last edited by Brainstorm; Sep 18, 2019 at 10:43 AM.
Sep 18, 2019, 01:20 PM
Sticky Shepherd
The unknown fast one is an F22, designed by Martin Newall and built/flow by cybermike.

I have a few clips/photos I will try to post too.

Graham
Sep 18, 2019, 01:57 PM
Aedificem ergo sum
Hey, you're right, that was me. I watched it this morning over coffee on a small screen and couldn't see it . I gotta tell you - that is the best flying actuator plane I've ever built. Super easy to build too - if you've always wanted to do a teeny actuator plane, this is the one to do. Plus, you get to brag to your friends that you've flown a 1:100 scale R/C plane

Being able to fly it indoors in front of Martin Newell himself was the absolute icing on the cake!

Graham - hope you made it back across the pond without too much trouble.

Mike C.
Sep 18, 2019, 07:44 PM
Sticky Shepherd
Hi Mike,

Yes, I wasn't taking any chances at the airport but mis-remembered when my flight was and was 6 hours early! Finished my ebook though!!

Your moogalo(?) are there plans for that somewhere?

Graham
Sep 19, 2019, 09:23 AM
AMA 415
Here is the link to my gallery of photos from NEAT as a whole, but there is a large portion toward the end of the gallery that features the demo flights from Saturday's indoor event.

https://www.sawncraft.photography/2019-NEAT-Fair/

A sampling of the images are below...
Sep 19, 2019, 10:17 AM
Senior to who? Member
WOW, you really take great photos, all of them really POP! I see why you sell them. Thanks for sharing and bringing so much of NEAT into focus- I missed seeing the bulk of what you took photos of.
Sep 19, 2019, 06:48 PM
in pursuit of low wing loading
I second Crossup. Those are fantastic pics. I’m just settling in for a flight to London and seeing those right before takeoff was very nice. Thanks for sharing them.

The indoor nights and the seminars were great. So good to catch up with so many people.

Gordon
Sep 20, 2019, 07:33 AM
AMA 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossup
WOW, you really take great photos, all of them really POP! I see why you sell them. Thanks for sharing and bringing so much of NEAT into focus- I missed seeing the bulk of what you took photos of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Johnson
I second Crossup. Those are fantastic pics. I’m just settling in for a flight to London and seeing those right before takeoff was very nice. Thanks for sharing them.

Gordon
Thanks a bunch, guys! I really enjoy taking the photos and hope that it helps to showcase the event in a way that even a spectator on the line may not get to see!

In response to earlier in the thread, Sawn Craft does indeed stock the "Micro Velcro" that is as similar to the UMX stock product as we can get. Thanks go everyone that mentioned us and clarified information about us!

-Jonathan

Quick Reply