Sep 11, 2019, 12:27 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
well thanks to all the great advice !
I was able to break the original solder ( after a very long process ) .
This allowed the one arm to be workable with my Z bend tool !
So my major concern was fixed with a simple Z bend !
Then I re-soldered my connections -plus J-B Weld + Fiberglass tape , no way in he,,,,ll that is ever coming loose !
The Z bend was my main concern and that is now a thing of the past, next up maiden !
Not sure if the Red Box models had washout issues like the Gold Edition so I have to be on my game for the maiden take off and landing !
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2019, 04:38 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
Maiden flight yesterday, 13 MPH with 20 MPH gust , interesting lol !
Flights were fantastic , 3 in all .
Ground tracking was dead on !
Flight trim -Zero !
Moderate flap test at elevation was pitch up , so made adjustment .
Stall test at elevation revealed nose down drop, but nothing sever , simple a result of the weight and perfect CG .
This plane could easily fly on a 4 cell vs the chosen 6 cell but I simply canít complain about the performance.
I had my timer set at 5 mins , flew most of the flight at 50% throttle . I had at least 30 % left in my lipo , could easily push 8 mins .
Next outing I will push the model harder in the flight envelop .
Tweaks from maiden :
Need more cowl screws. I have flex in areas where internal supports ( plastic cowl tray was removed. Fix will be blocks + screws.
Wheels, one of the wheels is wobbly , need a plastic insertion tube to balance .
Nothing else needed, this plane would be a rocket , not sure the airframe can take the speed so moderation and testing !
Sep 25, 2019, 05:58 AM
N = R* ◊ fp ◊ ne ◊ fl ◊ fi ◊ f
Congrats on the successful maiden. She looks great on the ground too, somehow DOUBT that's a wartime scheme...
Sep 25, 2019, 04:53 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
Thank you !
I would bet your correct on that assumption on the livery , perhaps it was a post war restaurant acquisition lol , looks good but no firepower
Sep 25, 2019, 07:02 PM
N = R* ◊ fp ◊ ne ◊ fl ◊ fi ◊ f
Get Chili's Bar and Grill onboard as a sponsor.......Jalapeno's and Tequila.....MORE than enough firepower then.....

Quick Reply