Sep 10, 2019, 06:26 PM
Retired CAD guy
Well , since the MPF foam seems to be slightly thinner I wouldn't expect things to get heavier
with a couple more thickness's.
Actually I'd expect a Lighter version given the whole wing will be slightly thinner.

Is the 250g limit one of those Hard points for legality ?

I'll be flying at my place almost exclusively so I really don't worry about the weight much.

I just added a dimensional screen shot with 16 6mm squares across the big foam plate. and dimensions.
Last edited by birdofplay; Sep 10, 2019 at 06:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2019, 07:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay
Well , since the MPF foam seems to be slightly thinner I wouldn't expect things to get heavier
with a couple more thickness's.
Actually I'd expect a Lighter version given the whole wing will be slightly thinner.

Is the 250g limit one of those Hard points for legality ?

I'll be flying at my place almost exclusively so I really don't worry about the weight much.

I just added a dimensional screen shot with 16 6mm squares across the big foam plate. and dimensions.
I'm wondering on this big foam plate? I didn't understand it at first, but I'm wondering if my PDF somehow lost it's text. There is an info plate on the bottom right of my main page which lists the info for the model, but it's not intended to be a piece to cutout. On your plans though it looks very similar. Or is this a mod you are doing?

Yes, 250g is a legality issue in a number of countries. RcGroups tells me you are in the USA so it probably only matters to you for registration requirements.

However, in Canada to fly a craft over 250g you need:
  • A License
  • Registration number for each aircraft ($5 each)
  • Logbook of all flights
  • Logbook of all maintenance
  • Can't fly in controlled airspace (so pretty much no flying in any major city) unless you have an approved model (which scratch-builds sure aren't) and then you still need to contact ATC for approval
  • Site survey
  • Spotter for FPV
  • Etc.

It's similar in a number of other countries like GB and Australia, I believe.

Does it matter? Certainly not if you fly out on your private property. Not like anyone really cares, or local cops are likely to know the full rules. However, if some incident ever did happen, or someone reports your video on Youtube (I know some popular youtubers have had this happen), with sub 250g the main regulations do not apply to you and thus you can't get fined for anything.
Sep 10, 2019, 08:03 PM
Retired CAD guy
my comments re UAVing are here

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11225

what we really need is MORE govt intervention in our Happy fun Times ! sigh ........
Sep 10, 2019, 08:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay
notamedclosed:

Could we have some closeups of you motor installation , Please ?

Is the TE of the FUSE a DownThrust angle for the motor to be mounted flush against ?

What prop are you using ?
I assume something like an AVAN 3 2.4 3 blade .
But I am open to suggestions :^}

LIPO is a 2s or 3s or 4s 850maH pak ? correct ?
All components were listed on the youtube video, but maybe I should add them in here as well. I also realized I also didn't have a link to the thingiverse page for the motor mount.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3843730

Lipo is 3S or 4S 650mah 75C Tattu.

Props are HQ Durables Tri T3x3. I think those AVAN props may be problematic to mount as a pusher. The bell gets in the way of that big swoop.

There is no angle on the motor mount. Might be worth adding one, flies great as is but the FC is probably compensating.

I don't seem to have a picture of the current mount, just the V1 which was designed to make the motor removable. I'm on the road right now but I'll try to get a refreshed picture. Once you have the 3d mount I think it's fairly obvious though. The V2 mount attaches to the motor directly and glues in for weight savings.

Quick Reply