Tiger 30cc ARF - 90" (HAN2370)

For the balsa enthusiast, the new Hangar 9 Tiger 30cc delivers the classic looks and performance of the popular Tiger series in a larger 30cc platform for common gas engines and electric power systems.

Splash

Hangar 9 Tiger 30cc

For the balsa enthusiast, the new Hangar 9 Tiger 30cc delivers the classic looks and performance of the popular Tiger series in a larger 30cc platform for common gas engines and electric power systems. Taking its cues from the Tigers of old, this sport plane is streamlined with a complete fiberglass cowl requiring no additional work to get ready for the runway. A smart red, white, and blue color scheme highlights the modern sport plane's looks with nods to its rich past.

Hangar 9 Tiger 30cc ARF Airplane (3 min 41 sec)

Bigger than the Tigers of yesterday, it only needs a 30cc-class gas/petrol engine to deliver outstanding performance. Lightweight design, combined with high-grade balsa and plywood construction, is used with laser accuracy to provide everything you could want in a giant scale sport model. The large canopy hatch provides easy access to radio gear, batteries and fuel system while the pre-hinge control surfaces save you time when building. The bolt-on two-piece wings provide easy transportation and handling. If you're looking for a big sport airplane with ties to the radio control flying past and can do it all with a modern flair, the Tiger 30cc airplane is for you.

The Tiger 30cc ARF is part of the complete line of top-quality Hangar 9ģ aircraft and accessories. All are engineered and crafted to exacting standards and feature the finest components and materials. Plus, every Hangar 9 product comes with the after-sale service and technical support you need to succeed.

Features

• Lightweight balsa and plywood construction for a strong and lightweight airframe
  • Fiberglass cowl requires no finishing by the customer
  • One-piece painted aluminum landing gear attaches to the fuselage
  • Finished fiberglass wheel pants matches the covering perfectly
  • Large canopy hatch provides easy access to radio gear, batteries, and fuel system
  • Bolt-on two-piece wings for easy transportation and handling
  • Steerable tail wheel
  • Taildragger gear configuration
  • Clear canopy
  • Full-span ailerons with the option for functional flaps
  • Pre-hinge control surfaces help you save on build time
  • Included decal sheet allows you to customize the look of your aircraft
  • Complete hardware package included
  • Designed to accept gas/petrol engines and electric motors

Learn More

Head to Horizon Hobby for pricing and more info!

Sep 04, 2019, 03:19 PM
Dinosaur
Why do a lot of these planes stipulate a gasoline engine or electric, but they don't mention glow engines? What's with that? I have several glow four strokers that will perform as well as a 30cc gasser. I'm not interested in moving into gas engines and as long as I can afford glow fuel, I won't be. I like that big Tiger but until I understand why they say "Gas" and not glow, I'll hold off ordering.

Tom
Sep 04, 2019, 06:09 PM
AMA 537620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodor
Why do a lot of these planes stipulate a gasoline engine or electric, but they don't mention glow engines? What's with that? I have several glow four strokers that will perform as well as a 30cc gasser. I'm not interested in moving into gas engines and as long as I can afford glow fuel, I won't be. I like that big Tiger but until I understand why they say "Gas" and not glow, I'll hold off ordering.

Tom
Glow isnít as popular. But you can probably slap on any 1.50+ sized 2-stroke or 4 stroke glow engine.

I still donít understand why Horizon had to change this of all their options and make it their own. This is kind of a slap in the face to the late great Carl Goldberg... this is one of his original designs; they should have left it alone and released in the original color scheme... a proper tribute to the father of model aviation.
Sep 05, 2019, 09:05 AM
Arrowhead
Personally I like it. If I happen to write off my GP Escapade 61, this would be an excellent replacement/upgrade!
Sep 05, 2019, 01:06 PM
AMA 8855
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillPhatCat
Glow isnít as popular. But you can probably slap on any 1.50+ sized 2-stroke or 4 stroke glow engine.

I still donít understand why Horizon had to change this of all their options and make it their own. This is kind of a slap in the face to the late great Carl Goldberg... this is one of his original designs; they should have left it alone and released in the original color scheme... a proper tribute to the father of model aviation.
Horizon has one interest, dominate the supply side of our hobby by eliminating any reference to the creator. Horizon is a corporation with a ravenous appetite for our hobby dollars and they donít seem to care how they feed that hunger. Iíll just buy from places like SIG who refused to cave to the demands of Horrorison
TJE
Latest blog entry: Greyhound Express
Sep 06, 2019, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodor

Tom
Well no one makes a large glow engine anymore. Glow engines have become less popular over time while gasoline engines and electric motors have become more popular. They can't suggest a glow engine for planes like this anymore if no one makes them now.
Last edited by earlwb; Sep 06, 2019 at 11:03 AM. Reason: typo
Sep 06, 2019, 11:29 AM
AMA 537620
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb
Well no one makes a large glow engine anymore. Glow engines have become less popular over time while gasoline engines and electric motors have become more popular. They can't suggest a glow engine for planes like this anymore if no one makes them now.
That's a good point... however both of these would haul it around with no difficulty:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...3A-bk-saie180b

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...3A-bi-saie150b
Sep 06, 2019, 12:06 PM
Same Day Delivery
I've got a 1.8 Moki sitting on the shelf that's look'in for a home........Not too thrilled about the covering scheme on this one thou, just looks too ARF'ey.
Sep 07, 2019, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3976
I've got a 1.8 Moki sitting on the shelf that's look'in for a home........Not too thrilled about the covering scheme on this one thou, just looks too ARF'ey.
This is the kind of airplane that will last many, many, years if set up properly and taken care of. Why not consider a partial or even complete recover if the only thing you donít like is the color scheme? I would strip the fuse and vertical stab and then recover in red to match the cowl.
Sep 08, 2019, 08:10 AM
Same Day Delivery
One could do that, if wanting to throw another 100 bucks on top of a new ARF. This one is the worst scheme that Horizion has put out to date, just reinforces the fact that they have very little control over there product.
Sep 09, 2019, 08:38 PM
EDF all the way!
Wish it was the a tri-gear like the original. Not a fan of tail dragger.
Bob
Sep 10, 2019, 05:59 AM
I wish there was a measurement of the width in the fuselage for batteries?
Sep 10, 2019, 04:06 PM
approximately 10.75" X4.5" . I know it looks like 5" width but there's a former/bulkhead there that takes a bit of that away. Yes, you'll notice a magnet on one shot but the hatch actually secures with two dowels that have springs on them up front so you shove it forward to compress the springs, drop the rear and it slides back with a catch on the rear. Spring pressure keeps it in place. If you're so inclined, or run gas on it (thinking of vibrations), there are two blind nuts built in at the rear and you just need to put holes in the covering on either side of the fuse to use an M3 bolt and/or thumbscrew on either side. Pictures below are of an electric one but we even fly one with a DLE35 and no bolts, just the springs and rear catch. In any case, all options are available out of the box.
Latest blog entry: blog
Sep 10, 2019, 04:11 PM
there is no problem using two 6s/7000 packs (12s/7000). plenty of room. however, that's a bit overkill if using the rimfire 170. That setup with an 18X10 and 12s/5000 has unlimited vertical, is in the 50's in current on the ground, 27 at full throttle level in the air, and 40's in climb. Depending on how aggressive you fly it, from a low of 5~6 minutes to a high of 10 really isn't a problem. i set a timer at 8 and use throttle appropriately, landing with enough reserve left in 12s/5000's.
Latest blog entry: blog
Sep 10, 2019, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWRIGHT
there is no problem using two 6s/7000 packs (12s/7000). plenty of room. however, that's a bit overkill if using the rimfire 170. That setup with an 18X10 and 12s/5000 has unlimited vertical, is in the 50's in current on the ground, 27 at full throttle level in the air, and 40's in climb. Depending on how aggressive you fly it, from a low of 5~6 minutes to a high of 10 really isn't a problem. i set a timer at 8 and use throttle appropriately, landing with enough reserve left in 12s/5000's.
Thank you for the info.

Quick Reply