Sep 02, 2019, 08:19 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

3d printed jet boat

Hi there folks, I just wnted to show you my new boat, a jet one and its special because I 3d printed it on my ender 3. Took me 2 days of printing and 1 day assembling parts and adding electronics.
I took this desing out of Thingiverse
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2890756
and added some scale desings such as drivers, steering wheel, engine, seats and camera mount (the onboard is Caddx Turtle v1, such an amazing little camera with built in DVR)
Gopro 7 black on hand footage.
Im using a 36diameter inrunner motor, 4500kv around and it gets warm, if it wasnt for watercooling the boat would be melted now....I know its a lot for 3S but its what I had, waiting for a 3600kv one.
ESC is an old RC car Hobbywing 80A Xcar, I modded it and added a cooling plate, just a cheap watercooling plate off aliexpress.
In the video I tested it on 2 and 3S, maaan! what a beast, for my NQDs it was impossible to be near those rapids, for this one, not a problem. all the time 3/4 throttle, didnt want the motor and battery to overheat. primes incredibly fast,
I filled all the hull (except for electronics of course) with expansion foam, I tried to submerge the boat and it floated instantly, so no worries for it to sink into the bottom. If you have any doubt Ill be glad to answer. Hope you like the vid
3D Printed Jet Boat (5 min 15 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2019, 06:20 PM
TTN
TTN
Design & Build <3
Awesome build! a 30mm pump with a motor that is big enough to drive a 35mm pump inside a 650mm boat, inside of a boat that is only 420mm long? Yes, wholly overpowered. Great fun.

I love what you've done with the guys on top of the lid. Great work!

Quick Reply