Sep 01, 2019, 10:59 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Xtreme Hobby - Brisbane

Anybody know what happened to Xtreme Hobby Brisbane?
My son lives 5km from their premises and when I passed their yesterday the shop is now a flooring retailer.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2019, 12:53 AM
N = R* × fp × ne × fl × fi × f
Going on what I read online over the past 2 years, the way Chad and his team did business was rather poor. He had a habit of taking money with no stock in store or on order, orders would routinely take a year or more, and then you still miss out. I read one post of a guy waiting 3 years for his paid for FMS Mustang to arrive. He had bought a v2 online when it was new, and when he went to pick it up, they had NO STOCK of that one, but was told "We can sell you this other model for a bit more money, we have an order coming in this week....."...by the time he got his v2, the v8 was available. I lost count of the amount of posts I have read of countless emails to them and no replies received, phone messages go unanswered, phones go unanswered, and in store respect and service was non existant unless you were buying. It seems he was a shonk and it look's like he has paid the price for his extremely bad service. At one point, I remember one dob in a shonk type site had them listed as #2 NOT TO shop at online business for anything. Only a now defunct Chinese site beat them for the GOOSE EGG. Most of the complaints are still on page one of a Google search for the name. This is just one site : https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/xtreme-hobby
Last edited by Azoic; Sep 02, 2019 at 01:00 AM.
Sep 02, 2019, 08:22 AM
Slow builder
It's hard enough for a quality retailer to survive in Aus. I'm surprised it took so long for these dodgy clowns to go under.

Al
Sep 02, 2019, 07:35 PM
Beady eyed thermal seeker
LOL another XH complaints thread. Who would have thought

Many years ago I worked for a wholesaler supplying to them. No particular issues at first other than slow payment (standard), then I started to receive irate calls from their retail customers. After they had vented and calmed down, it appeared they had been told we would not supply XH for some reason. The only reason for non supply was because XH hadn't placed an order! After a number of these episodes, I had a gutful and started suggesting the customer get a refund and try elsewhere. One particular one stands out. A pre release order was done for an unusual product configuration. XH failed to take it for months after arrival and numerous calls. Eventually the retail customer called and mentioned the configuration. He was given name and number of a reliable business and the product was on its way that day.

XH did a number of other questionable things, but I won't bore you to death with them. I won't be shedding any tears if they truly are gone.
Sep 02, 2019, 07:37 PM
They where a scam. Taking money including from my self for parts and then lying about it saying they sent it out. Mind you i paid for tracking, that was 8 years ago for a FMS FW-190 or BF-109. They kept lying by saying they sent it. OH, "it got bounced back" and "we are sending it again". Then i contacted them 2 years later to ask what the hell was going on, to be told they will credit me with a gift voucher... that took another 2 years of chasing and still nothing. In the mean time they were taking money from people left and right for planes they never had on the floor or even intended to get.

So, good riddance to those lying dodgy idiots.

Still makes my blood fume, So many better shops out there.
Sep 02, 2019, 10:41 PM
N = R* × fp × ne × fl × fi × f
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celwar
and when I passed their yesterday the shop is now a flooring retailer.
Just wondering if maybe Chad and his team are now UNDER that floor....he seem's to be hard to locate....Was his last name Hoffa by any chance ???
Seems that name is hard to find......
Sep 03, 2019, 12:37 AM
Beady eyed thermal seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azoic
Just wondering if maybe Chad and his team are now UNDER that floor....he seem's to be hard to locate....Was his last name Hoffa by any chance ???
Seems that name is hard to find......
I do believe it is. Was chatting with a retailer once and not sure if he was having a lend of me but he said Chad was apparently known in the industry as Mr Slick. Rather apt eh?
Sep 22, 2019, 12:33 AM
Because I Was Inverted
Chad collected as much money as he could before closing down, ASIC is reviewing the case and maybe pursuing criminal charges due to the business was knowingly trading insolvent.

Quick Reply