Sep 03, 2019, 05:50 AM
This reminds me of the Thunderquack from the Darkwing duck cartoon. https://darkwingduck.fandom.com/wiki/Thunderquack
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2019, 09:03 AM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelspangler
This reminds me of the Thunderquack from the Darkwing duck cartoon. https://darkwingduck.fandom.com/wiki/Thunderquack
Think I just found my next weird plane to build.
Sep 03, 2019, 09:59 AM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Here you go :
Making My Favorite TV Plane Fly IRL 💥😱 | Darkwing Duck Thunderquack (17 min 53 sec)
Sep 03, 2019, 10:29 AM
Foamy and Glider fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
Wow, I miss the old days with just the two Joshes,....... those two guys just annoy the heck out of me
Sep 03, 2019, 11:15 AM
Thread OP
Well it's no fun if somebody else has already done one. I'll have to watch the video when I get home.
And I guess by Blacky's Boy comment that the Joshes no longer do the flight test stuff, even tho I don't like the paper left on style of dtf builds I still learned alot from Bixler.
Sep 03, 2019, 12:27 PM
Foamy and Glider fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo383
And I guess by Blacky's Boy comment that the Joshes no longer do the flight test stuff, even tho I don't like the paper left on style of dtf builds I still learned alot from Bixler.
Don't want to turn this into a FT bashing thread. I also learned a lot from them. I just miss the old crew.

Josh Bixler still shows up on videos occasionally but Josh Scott is pretty much absent.
Sep 03, 2019, 07:40 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Awesome bird and looks to fly well!

Light that up for some night flying
Sep 04, 2019, 06:01 AM
Thread OP
Yep, some well placed lights would be cool. I do have a few strips of LEDs somewhere in my hobby room.
My apologies to Potshot for not posting those specs yet, as usual work and family related issues have me forgetting to take only five minutes to complete a simple task. I'll try to reserve some memory cells for doing that tonight.
Sep 04, 2019, 11:31 AM
You know, get that bill a little bigger, mount an fpv camera, and you just might be able to clear snow off your driveway from the comfort of your living room this winter.
Sep 04, 2019, 12:22 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizum
You know, get that bill a little bigger, mount an fpv camera, and you just might be able to clear snow off your driveway from the comfort of your living room this winter.
Great idea, except I live in Texas, haven't seen snow where we live for, what, 4 or 5 years now. Every year my son keeps hoping for that white Christmas, and every year he wants us to go visit grandpa in Wisconsin....I live in Texas for a reason, I'm not going to Wisconsin in December....

BTW, you just gave me a great idea what to build for my father for Christmas.....just need a (very) large motor.
Last edited by Timbo383; Sep 04, 2019 at 01:19 PM.
Sep 04, 2019, 03:24 PM
Great Job
Sep 04, 2019, 06:00 PM
Canard billed platypus???
Sep 04, 2019, 06:36 PM
Thread OP
Yep, may just go ahead and call it the platypus for sure.
I didn't take any pics of the build because I really wasn't expecting it to fly well...was hoping, but not expecting, and I did do a few alterations along the way of the build ( and will probably do some more) I have adjusted the plans so many times now with my easy for me to use outdated photoshop program ( really need to learn sketchbook, the photoshop I have is only 2d....I think ) that I don't even know if any of it will match up if I were to print and cut a new one, which I printed bigger than I had planed to do on this one for this motor but the wing loading is good so it still gets it in the air without any problems. I plan on doing a smaller one for park flying when I get all of the minor issues figured out.

The earlier requested specs.
AUW is 280 grams
WS is 740
Length is 940
CG is currently located were the motor mounts to the fuse.
Turnigy 2211/2300kv motor with 7X3 prop
2S 500 battery
4 TGY 1440 A servos
Last edited by Timbo383; Sep 04, 2019 at 06:55 PM.
Sep 06, 2019, 01:32 PM
skumgummi dave
It looks like a great slow flyer!

Dave-

Quick Reply