Feb 24, 2005, 12:34 AM
Laughs at his own jokes.
Thread OP

Why no build threads?

The glider forums at rcgroups are crowded with build threads, you know, where someone builds a kit and mods it and documents it for eternity and all the gurus chime in with sage advice. I haven't seen one for a heli yet.

Is it because they are all so easy to build that no one needs advice? Are the instructions that come with the kits so good that they are the last word? After all, all you have to do is screw the parts together, right?

And playing a flute is just blowing in one end and moving your fingers over the holes.

I'm getting closer to building a T-rex, waiting for parts and finishing/repairing a couple of planes in line ahead of it. Maybe I'll post pics as I go....unless someone's done it and I can look over their virtual shoulder.

R.C.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2005, 12:49 AM
micro mechanic
there are some...but helicopters are more about maintaining than building which is why you see so many "HELP!" threads.
Feb 24, 2005, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohawk1
there are some...but helicopters are more about maintaining than building which is why you see so many "HELP!" threads.
LOL
Feb 24, 2005, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohawk1
Agreed, I've just finished a complete rebuild following a main gear failure on my 22D
Feb 24, 2005, 03:23 AM

Here you have some heli build threads :)

My own build: Scrachbuilt CP microheli

The one how inspired me to do it:
Lynxmans CP Microheli
Lynxmans fourbladed Lynx heli project

Enjoy

Best regards / Anders Molin, Sweden
Feb 24, 2005, 03:25 AM
Renewed interest
In the case of most micros they come rtf or arf so no building to be done.
The bigger helis ar ereally assembly not building, there is not much scope to individualise a heli during the build unless you go for aftermarket bling but even that is bolt on stuff.

Quick Reply