2 East Coast Hand Launch Competitions You Need to Attend

There are two awesome DLG competitions coming up in the next few months and you need to plan to attend. F3K is a ton of fun and will help build your skills.

Splash

Come Try F3K!

There are two awesome DLG competitions coming up in the next few months and you need to plan to attend. F3K is a ton of fun and will help build your skills. It's one thing to be able to throw and catch a thermal, but it's another thing to accomplish the tasks.

Before I went to my first competition, I didn't think I would enjoy it, but I'm so glad I went anyway. The people are great and helpful to newcomers and you can learn so much from the other pilots. It doesn't have to be about winning, you can just enjoy flying with others and learning new things. It doesn't get much better than hanging out for a weekend with a bunch of glider pilots.

Hopefully if you are the least bit interested in DLG's, you are now intrigued and thinking about going to one or both of these competitions. Here's some more info about each one to help with your decision.

East Coast HLG Festival - Oct 26-27, 2019, Farmville, NC

This one is in NC and while the pilot fee is $60, I love that it is FREE if it's your first DLG Competition. It's a two day event starting Saturday morning on October 26th. Be sure to click the link below for all the details.

Click here to go to the main East CoastHLG Festival Thread for more information

2019 Punkin Chunk

No it's not that kind of Punkin Chunk. No pumpkins will be chucked, but we will be having a super fun DLG competition at Hodges Field in Georgia. This is a 3 day event with the main F3K competition taking place on Sat and Sun Oct 5th and 6th. On Fri Oct 4th there will be some fun and games with 1M planes and likely some All Up Last Down with 1.5M planes too. The facility is top notch with shelter, power, and full bathrooms/showers for the campers.

Click here to go to the main 2019 Punkin Chunk Thread for more information

I'll be at both of these events and I truly hope to see you there. Please invite anyone you think may be interested. I've seen full on giant scale power guys convert to gliders, so anything is possible once you get a taste of soaring!

Aug 31, 2019, 01:16 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Amen, Jason!
We would love to see new pilots at our events.
Try it, you will love it.
You may think competition is not for you.
But this is not only about competing. It is about enjoying the company of your like minded friends, while trying to do your best at the tasks.
Everybody who tried competition for the first time says "I learned so much, it would take me forever to learn this on my own".
Aug 31, 2019, 06:22 PM
Wayne Wimbish
Pumkin Chunk is in October??? Yes?

Wayne
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
Aug 31, 2019, 07:04 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwimbish
Pumkin Chunk is in October??? Yes?

Wayne
October 4-6.
Come join the fun.
At the Famous Mac Hodges field in America Georgia.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Aug 31, 2019, 08:12 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Yeah I messed up and had November above. Fixed now.
Sep 01, 2019, 10:44 AM
plays with toy planes
Speaking of must-attend events...it'd be great to see you next weekend at the Cascadia Jason!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Cascadia-2019
Sep 01, 2019, 11:28 AM
Jason please tell us you're coming!
Sep 01, 2019, 01:19 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Can't make it out west this time. Some day it will happen!

Quick Reply