This thread is privately moderated by aviatortom, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 30, 2019, 11:34 PM
Trader Rating: 77
Thread OP
$10.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Found

Top wing servo covers for Tower Hobbies Ultimate Bipe .46

Hi, Does anyone has the top wing servo covers/mounts for a Tower Hobbies Ultimate Bipe .46? The top servos were optional, so I was hoping someone might have a set sitting around they'll let me take off for their hands for a nominal fee (your terms) + shipping ;-) PM me if you have a set. Thanks!
Last edited by aviatortom; Aug 31, 2019 at 09:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2019, 12:43 PM
Trader Rating: 14
Fair-weather flyer...
If you can't find the servo plates, they are easy enough to make out of thin ply for the plate and hard balsa block for the servo mounts. Finding the matching covering might be a problem, as Tower doesn't list what covering they use. Some have suggested that it is Ultracote. Another option is to drive the upper ailerons with pushrods from the lower ailerons. The lower aileron servos would then drive all four ailerons. Those instructions are in the build manual.
Good luck!

Jesse
Aug 31, 2019, 02:03 PM
Trader Rating: 77
Thread OP
Thanks, Jesse -- yep mine was built with the two-servo option with the upper and lower ailerons connected by pushrods. I bought the airplane used and since wanted to add the top aileron servos for the fun of it. I was about to make a set of covers when the thought occurred to me that since they were optional, someone might have a pair, and spare me the time to build and find a covering match - doesn't match the Ultracote yellow I have on hand - although it's close enough for the girls I go with ;-) If no one has a set that's the route I'll take. Cheers! Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by whstlngdeath
If you can't find the servo plates, they are easy enough to make out of thin ply for the plate and hard balsa block for the servo mounts. Finding the matching covering might be a problem, as Tower doesn't list what covering they use. Some have suggested that it is Ultracote. Another option is to drive the upper ailerons with pushrods from the lower ailerons. The lower aileron servos would then drive all four ailerons. Those instructions are in the build manual.
Good luck!

Jesse
Last edited by aviatortom; Aug 31, 2019 at 02:43 PM.

Quick Reply