View Poll Results: Would obeying a 400' limit reduce your enjoyment of hobby?
Yes or probably 72 61.02%
No or probably not 37 31.36%
I don't have a good enough sense of what 400' high looks to say yes or no 9 7.63%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Sep 03, 2019, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Read the 9th Amendment.
Works great just not for you or me
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2019, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithdoor
Works great just not for you or me
It seems the Bill of Rights are working at all for any of us.
Sep 04, 2019, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyroger
It seems the Bill of Rights are working at all for any of us.
Exactly what part of the Bill of Rights are they violating in this regard?

I don’t like the 400’ limit either, but I don’t see a Constitutional violation here.

RStrowe
Sep 04, 2019, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStrowe
Exactly what part of the Bill of Rights are they violating in this regard?

I don’t like the 400’ limit either, but I don’t see a Constitutional violation here.

RStrowe
The only time I have seen the bill of rights work is guns and Nuts. The Nuts have the right to own AK-47 per the NRA

Dave
Sep 04, 2019, 11:01 AM
It is no wonder they moved this whole section.
Sep 04, 2019, 03:10 PM
BFMA #13, aka Rogue 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axonometri
It is no wonder they moved this whole section.

big time agreement.
Sep 04, 2019, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo
big time agreement.
Agreed, I just hope that guys realize that a 400' altitude cap is going to affect everyone whether or not you have a need to fly above that or not. If guys are complaining about prices now, wait until we loose another 20% vendors and enthusiasts.
Sep 04, 2019, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exf3bguy
Agreed, I just hope that guys realize that a 400' altitude cap is going to affect everyone whether or not you have a need to fly above that or not. If guys are complaining about prices now, wait until we loose another 20% vendors and enthusiasts.
The glider contests will become fewer and fewer and soon there will be no way for Americans to compete in international contests because they no longer have the skills needed to do so because of altitude restrictions. After that R/C gliders will become like the old time free flight and rubber powered planes.
IMAC and pattern contests will fall by the wayside and will only be allowed at the whim of some bureaucrat sitting in Washington.
Sep 04, 2019, 04:25 PM
The odd's international contests will have rules as there form of FAA will limit there airspace too.
The RC gliders will $#@&😭

Dave

Quote:
The glider contests will become fewer and fewer and soon there will be no way for Americans to compete in international contests because they no longer have the skills needed to do so because of altitude restrictions. After that R/C gliders will become like the old time free flight and rubber powered planes.
IMAC and pattern contests will fall by the wayside and will only be allowed at the whim of some bureaucrat sitting in Washington.
Sep 04, 2019, 05:14 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithdoor
The odd's international contests will have rules as there form of FAA will limit there airspace too.
The RC gliders will $#@&��

Dave
Not my RC glider. My RC glider will remain entirely $#@&�� - free.
Sep 04, 2019, 08:41 PM
Quote:
The toy airplane czar.
One guess who would love to be that guy.
Sep 04, 2019, 09:56 PM
You no longer have glider it a rocket and get permit for no power rocket (AKA glider)

Now ever one is happy and you have a odd looking Rocket

Dave

I would print the word ROCKET on the glider

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronaut999
Not my RC glider. My RC glider will remain entirely $#@&�� - free.
Sep 06, 2019, 06:27 AM
Multirotors are models too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320pilot
Like, fv38wheels; I recently received a similar email reply from the AMA ; Dated Aug 20th, 2019
Maybe it is time to ask the FAA directly, via letter to counsel. it may take months to get an answer though.....
Sep 06, 2019, 02:02 PM
Thread OP

ambiguity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty105
Maybe it is time to ask the FAA directly, via letter to counsel. it may take months to get an answer though.....
Ambiguity is often your friend; don't make them give a hard-and-fast answer. After all, they aren't bothering anyone at the official glider contests, right? (Yet.)
Last edited by aeronaut999; Sep 06, 2019 at 02:42 PM.
Sep 06, 2019, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronaut999
Ambiguity is often your friend; don't make them give a hard-and-fast answer. After all, they aren't bothering anyone at the official glider contests, right? (Yet.)

They aren't bothering anyone. A couple things came to mind while driving to the flying field today:

1. Why bother citing anyone now when a waiver process for fixed sites will be in place by the time the case makes it to court?

2. If your fixed site is on private property such as my home field, doesn't any law enforcement including the FAA need a warrant prior to accessing the property?

However in spite of pages of arguments, there are hundreds of guys like me all over the country who while at the flying field will have virtually zero concern over all this hoopla.

Quick Reply