Sep 24, 2020, 01:21 AM
If you are in So. Cal., there is one on the shelf at Dynamic Hobbies in Hemet.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2020, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers
I doubt they come back.
Talking to my LHS they said they (Horizon) are looking for a new manufacturer for it. I guess time will tell.
Nov 12, 2021, 09:21 AM
My friend and I finally got around to flying our Tigers at the same time. It was a lot of fun. He was worried about mixing up which plane you were flying but it went fine. A nice fall day in New England. Next time he wants do a low pass together with one of us inverted above the other. That should be exciting.
Apr 23, 2022, 05:57 PM
It seems to be back in stock...
Apr 23, 2022, 06:08 PM
A man with too many toys
I have been looking at that airplane. What's the typical RTF weight?

Apr 23, 2022, 06:43 PM
Read post 43 on this page. I had answered it then.
May 15, 2022, 05:37 PM
Just picked one of these up off towerhobbies. Planning on using the recommended DLE. Was wondering where people are running the servos for the tail. Manual gives locations under the hatch or at the tail. Been thinking about rear mounting them to keep linkages short and stiff. Don't have the motor yet, so trying to get a idea for the cg.
May 16, 2022, 01:30 AM
I put the servos per the manual. Upside down. The plane can handle a ton of weight. I did have to add a large amount of tail weight to get the plane to balance. But I have a 55cc engine. I would guess though it would still be beneficial to put the servos in the rear.
May 16, 2022, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the help. I'll gather up some more of the components and do a dry fit before I cut holes and place the servos. Good to know it can handle the weight well.
May 16, 2022, 09:27 PM
if you build it with the 35RA and put the servos in the stock locations it will not require any additional weight. unless using a larger engine, there really isn't a good reason to put the servos in the rear.
Jun 15, 2022, 04:48 PM
The elevator servos (HS645mg) will not fit back to back in the rear of the plane as manual shows found that out the hard way !
Aug 05, 2022, 09:46 PM
I have a Saito 1.80 and would like to know opinions on it for this airframe?

Thanks
Aug 19, 2022, 12:04 AM
I’m building the new version of the Tiger 30 and going electric. I first put the elevators and rudder servos under the canopy and balancing indicated I needed 1.5 lbs in the tail even with 10S 5200mah battery under the canopy.

I decided to move the three servo’s to the tail and after opening the servo holes and mounting one elevator servo I found out the second HD645’s doesn’t fit. I then made some 1/4 plywood standoffs and the servos still do not fit. Why The Face ?

What servo’s fit in the back? It seems like even the most basic standard servo won’t fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangmike
The elevator servos (HS645mg) will not fit back to back in the rear of the plane as manual shows found that out the hard way !
Sep 16, 2022, 08:14 AM
I don't know why but this one has caught my eye. I am a little old school and remember all the Goldberg Tigers that various club members flew back in the day. The bigger size looks fun and I'd definitely go electric. I see its back-ordered until December so I have time to decide.
Sep 21, 2022, 12:11 PM
A man with too many toys
I am looking for a large sport aerobatic airplane to build over the winter.

Anyone flying one of these? How do you like it?

What is your power system? Real question is how much power do I need for sport aerobatics (just the basics). This a big airplane.

Quick Reply