New Opale Split 1.6 Paraglider Wing

Opale has a new wing available that is very interesting. The Split 1.6 paraglider wing has a design never seen before.

Splash

New Paraglider Design

Opale has a new wing available that is very interesting. The Split 1.6 paraglider wing has a design never seen before. It features a new type of hybrid wing structure that has a separation at the midpoint. The front half of the wing has double surface cells that are pressurized by airspeed. The back half of the wing is a single skin surface that makes launching super easy.

All other hybrid designs have a mix of single and double skin cells as well, but they are placed inline at intervals across the wing. Never before has a paraglider wing offered a split of different structure types from front to back. Opale says this design provides better penetration into the air and also offers a higher internal pressure which makes the wing faster and more stable. Using a speedbar setup allows leading edge travel from 5-7cm for increased speed without worry of frontal collapses. It definitely sounds interesting and it looks great in the video below.

Check out the New Opale Split 1.6 Paraglider Wing Here

Aug 31, 2019, 09:05 PM
If it flies I like it.
Very cool.
Aug 31, 2019, 10:17 PM
Here's another clip of the the wing development and testing.
Split 1.6 Concept - Born on the wind Island - Rc Paramotor (1 min 45 sec)
Sep 01, 2019, 04:24 PM
ALL Right! I ordered the new Split 1.6, I'll be selling some slightly used gear soon to make room and offset the expense for my newest. I'm looking forward to soaring this one at Torrey Pines!
Jack Z.
San Diego, CA

Quick Reply