Thread Tools
Dec 01, 2019, 04:18 PM
Have a great museum day! TB54L
ralfrcgroups's Avatar
TX - I already have my failsafe set the way you described it - so hopefully everything will be fine when try it for the first time.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2019, 05:16 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfrcgroups
TX - I already have my failsafe set the way you described it - so hopefully everything will be fine when try it for the first time.
Give it a try on the ground by shutting off your radio. You’ll know it’s in rth because the servos adjust every couple seconds
Dec 02, 2019, 08:44 PM
aka KF7DS

RTH Altitude


I have seen videos that say the rth altitude is set at around 70m, but the manual says 35m...I ask because we have some large fir trees around here...whats everyone's experience ?
Dec 02, 2019, 09:48 PM
Registered User
@ralfrcgroups @Firepower

To get neutral point calibration working with Spektrum gear, I ended up reversing the elevator and rudder channels, in order to use the stick positions shown in the Kopilot manual. Something else worth checking :-/

If you don't want to / can't reverse them, that would make it throttle down, rudder left, elevator up, aileron left.

edit: And it's early days... I'll know better after a test flight tomorrow, but I have a suspicion that as noted by another poster, that LED1 and LED2 (i.e. the mixing configuration LEDs) are swapped.
Last edited by pfeerick; Dec 03, 2019 at 11:12 PM. Reason: possible led mislabeling
Dec 03, 2019, 08:46 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsinger1
I have seen videos that say the rth altitude is set at around 70m, but the manual says 35m...I ask because we have some large fir trees around here...whats everyone's experience ?
I have to do more testing. I almost wonder if itís a range of 35-70. When I auto launch and it kicks into RTH mode itís really low, maybe 35 meters. When Iím at 300 feet, it lowers to around 70 and comes back to home.
Dec 03, 2019, 09:32 AM
aka KF7DS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftflyerkevin
I have to do more testing. I almost wonder if itís a range of 35-70. When I auto launch and it kicks into RTH mode itís really low, maybe 35 meters. When Iím at 300 feet, it lowers to around 70 and comes back to home.
Thanks....that helps a lot...wonder what others are experiencing ....
Dec 04, 2019, 09:56 AM
Firepower
Firepower's Avatar
For setting Failsafe on the FrSky R-XSR receiver by quickly pushing the button on the RX, do I have no throttle set or say 75% throttle set.

Maybe from what has been said it is no throttle but not sure.
Dec 05, 2019, 01:10 PM
Registered User
hi, i was wondering before purchasing does this work with flysky recievers. does it work with thr fs ia6b reciever
Dec 05, 2019, 01:20 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by will1232
hi, i was wondering before purchasing does this work with flysky recievers. does it work with thr fs ia6b reciever
Yeah it will, youíll just have to set it up with the pwm cable
Dec 06, 2019, 05:28 AM
Registered User
I have an FS-IA6B set up with SBUS. It says IBUS on the receiver, but it works with both IBUS and SBUS. The Turnigy TGY-IA6B says SBUS on the receiver, but also works with IBUS. Set up the transmitter to use SBUS on that model.
Dec 06, 2019, 09:21 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed4353
I have an FS-IA6B set up with SBUS. It says IBUS on the receiver, but it works with both IBUS and SBUS. The Turnigy TGY-IA6B says SBUS on the receiver, but also works with IBUS. Set up the transmitter to use SBUS on that model.
This is good to know! I thought flyskyís iBus was a proprietary inverted SBUS signal..
Dec 06, 2019, 12:47 PM
Registered User
AirealAnarchist's Avatar
I ordered a kopilot, and already have a mini OSD installed, I did read in a thread where a guy has both the mini OSD and kopilot working together in harmony, which is good news

my question is ....if they both have a GPS module, is there any possibility they can share one GPS module, or is it necessary to run both GPS modules separately .....always thinking of weight issues

thanks for looking
Dec 06, 2019, 01:02 PM
aka KF7DS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirealAnarchist
I ordered a kopilot, and already have a mini OSD installed, I did read in a thread where a guy has both the mini OSD and kopilot working together in harmony, which is good news

my question is ....if they both have a GPS module, is there any possibility they can share one GPS module, or is it necessary to run both GPS modules separately .....always thinking of weight issues

thanks for looking
Exactly the same question I have....am upgrading my hk mini osd to microosd firmware and wanted to know if both that and the kopilot could share the same GPS and, if so, how to hook it up?
Dec 06, 2019, 01:44 PM
Registered User
AirealAnarchist's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsinger1
Exactly the same question I have....am upgrading my hk mini osd to microosd firmware and wanted to know if both that and the kopilot could share the same GPS and, if so, how to hook it up?
maybe just check what you have to see if it even works.........I just tested the mini OSD telemetry

speed/mph numbers rapidly fluctuate & wildly from 2 numbers to 3 numbers,

alt is way off each time its restarted and never reads proper alt

gps is 5.77 miles off and each time I restart the gps it is a diff location within 1000ft

at this point the only thing I can read is the battery voltage that I was able to calibrate myself

I dont know this if is mini OSD thing even worth flashing?

for me .........maybe time to scrap all this cheapo junk and just start over
Dec 06, 2019, 03:57 PM
Registered User
Tbh, if you’re already going through all that trouble, maybe worth picking up a matek iNav board and getting all the features of iNav with OSD.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product ZOHD Nano Talon 860mm Wingspan ***Official Thread*** guyst FPV Aircraft 4570 Mar 26, 2020 10:02 PM
New Product NEW ZOHD PLANE (Official): ZOHD Talon GT ďRebelĒ SonicModell Product Announcements 436 Mar 25, 2020 10:17 AM
New Product NEW ZOHD PLANE (Official): ZOHD Dart XL ďExtremeĒ SonicModell FPV Aircraft 3234 Mar 20, 2020 09:53 AM
New Product ZOHD Orbit NEON (Official Thread) SonicModell FPV Aircraft 47 Nov 11, 2019 06:11 PM
Poll the official what is the real official sukhoi thread poll dragrcr Micro Ready-to-Fly 29 Jul 19, 2009 11:21 AM