Thread Tools
Oct 15, 2019, 05:55 AM
Registered User
I ordered the Kopilot 2 weeks ago for a T-Tail plane and have had absolutely no luck. The lights don't match the manual for type of plane, sorted that out through trial and error. I noticed with the little controller hooked up the elevator moves in one direction but when I save settings and remove it then the elevator switches direction.

I can get it set up to move the control surfaces correctly but I get no throttle at all. i have tried it in manual, self level, with gps lock and without gps lock, through pwm and sbus on an X8R receiver and through sbus on a crossfire nano. When I plug in a battery with the Kopilot hooked up I get no esc confirmation tones at startup. If I hook everything up to the X8R receiver without the Kopilot the motor works fine and esc responds as it should.

I am at a loss. I would really like it to work but unless someone knows something I may have missed, it is going back.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2019, 07:45 PM
Registered User
I have hooked mine up on the t-tail also and used x8r receiver. I watched all the you tube videos I could find on it. Not to many set by set but there are a couple that go through the tail selection and radio set up so it matches what the Zohar needs. I got everything working. The stable mode snapped the plane into perfect level flight. The only other function RTH does turn the plane around and bring it back but I fly at a club field with a no fly zone over the pilots. I have to turn the plane back away from the field before it starts to circle. I moved the dial all the way counter clock wise but it still comes over head before it starts to circle. Can’t figure out how to Gombe the fence out the listed 100 to 300m. No one put out a video doing this and showing the correction the dial can make
Oct 16, 2019, 06:03 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonemicro
I have hooked mine up on the t-tail also and used x8r receiver. I watched all the you tube videos I could find on it. Not to many set by set but there are a couple that go through the tail selection and radio set up so it matches what the Zohar needs. I got everything working. The stable mode snapped the plane into perfect level flight. The only other function RTH does turn the plane around and bring it back but I fly at a club field with a no fly zone over the pilots. I have to turn the plane back away from the field before it starts to circle. I moved the dial all the way counter clock wise but it still comes over head before it starts to circle. Can’t figure out how to Gombe the fence out the listed 100 to 300m. No one put out a video doing this and showing the correction the dial can make
I believe the RTH/Fence dial changes the fence distance depending on where you have it set. The closer to the RTH position the further the fence is from you. Check in the manual on page two, right side. The diagrams make more sense than I can on here.

I could be wrong but I took the "fence" to be the limit it would fly away from you before it performed an automatic rth, not a loiter radius from its takeoff position.
Oct 31, 2019, 11:59 AM
Have a great museum day! TB54L
ralfrcgroups's Avatar
" all the way" counter clock wise - doesn't that mean, that you have set it RTH instead of 'fence'? And as dahos writes, 'fence' would mean, that the plane would return afdter a set distance (depending on the knob) and then would return and circle above the home point (which is not allowed at your field). So why not let it come home and close before the field switch to blance mode then?

Can anybody tell me how to connect the Kopilot to a plane with two aileron servos? The manual shows a plane with two ailerons but it is not described how to connect both servos to the Kopilot.
Oct 31, 2019, 12:02 PM
Have a great museum day! TB54L
ralfrcgroups's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonemicro
When using the fence setting on return to home, which direction should the plane be facing when you arm the plane so when the return to home is triggered the plane will circle before it flys over your head. Which direction off the fc points toward he 100m area.
I think this doesn't matter - the fence is a radius around the home point. If the plane hits the fence (and is more then 35m high) it will return and circle about the home point.
Nov 05, 2019, 08:55 AM
Registered User

I-Bus


Does this autopilot work with I-Bus found in flysky receivers?

Thank you.

Ed
Nov 05, 2019, 10:40 AM
Registered User
It has sbus so use the sbus on the flysky Rx.
Nov 05, 2019, 12:21 PM
Registered User
I could not get the controller to recognize the sbus connection from 3 different receivers (all frsky). The pwm connections worked with an L9R.
Even if it is just a faulty unit I am not confident in this enough to put it into anything of much value.
I will try it in a DTFB wing I have but it wont going into the ar.wing or the opterra.
Nov 07, 2019, 05:29 AM
Registered User
chris jones's Avatar
Got this working in my Zhod Dart 250g to an extent. It flies fine and stabilises itself and I think the RTH is doing what it should. However, I can’t check because whenever I switch out of manual mode the throttle stops and I have no control over it at all. Any ideas?
Nov 08, 2019, 07:26 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMatisse
I could not get the controller to recognize the sbus connection from 3 different receivers (all frsky). The pwm connections worked with an L9R.
Even if it is just a faulty unit I am not confident in this enough to put it into anything of much value.
I will try it in a DTFB wing I have but it wont going into the ar.wing or the opterra.
Hi

Just curious as I had a similar experience perhaps. I just couldn't get a satellite lock and tried 3 receivers, frsky, eventually I just left one on the bench for an hour by accident and he presto that was the problem. SBus connected. Onto the flying field and I still had to wait for a lock but for only 10' or so.

Tony
Nov 09, 2019, 07:02 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tctele
Hi

Just curious as I had a similar experience perhaps. I just couldn't get a satellite lock and tried 3 receivers, frsky, eventually I just left one on the bench for an hour by accident and he presto that was the problem. SBus connected. Onto the flying field and I still had to wait for a lock but for only 10' or so.

Tony
I could not get the FC to recognize the rx when connected by sbus but was able to with pwm. I never had GPS lock when on the bench, even with the pwm connection. I dont think the FC requires sat lock to enable communication between it and the rx. If you were in middle of flight and for some reason lost GPS that would shut down the comm between the two?
Nov 12, 2019, 07:32 PM
Registered User
Dahos...
Did you find an answer to your problem with the throttle not working? I have the same problem, and am looking for a solution.
Thank you.

Ed
Nov 12, 2019, 08:58 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed4353
Dahos...

Did you find an answer to your problem with the throttle not working? I have the same problem, and am looking for a solution.

Thank you.



Ed
No. I ended up returning it. I saw Andrew Newton put it in the same plane I was trying to get it working on, ranger g2, and his worked fine. Not sure if my kopilot was bad or I just couldn't get it. I don't think it was me but who knows.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Nov 13, 2019, 04:18 PM
Registered User
Dahos...
FYI... It seems the problem is related to the ESC. I hung another ESC on the Kopilot, and it worked. Possibly a setting on the ESC needs to be changed, but don't know how to do it with the Kopilot connected. The ESC works fine without the Kopilot. I may just put another ESC on it that works with the Kopilot. I'm not looking forward to doing that, as the ESC is currently buried deep inside the nose. It will require some surgery.

Ed
Nov 13, 2019, 09:40 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed4353
Dahos...

FYI... It seems the problem is related to the ESC. I hung another ESC on the Kopilot, and it worked. Possibly a setting on the ESC needs to be changed, but don't know how to do it with the Kopilot connected. The ESC works fine without the Kopilot. I may just put another ESC on it that works with the Kopilot. I'm not looking forward to doing that, as the ESC is currently buried deep inside the nose. It will require some surgery.



Ed
Good to know. I like the potential the system has. If you decide to tackle it let me know how it goes. I would take a chance on it again if that is the case.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product ZOHD Nano Talon 860mm Wingspan ***Official Thread*** guyst FPV Aircraft 4570 Mar 26, 2020 10:02 PM
New Product NEW ZOHD PLANE (Official): ZOHD Talon GT “Rebel” SonicModell Product Announcements 436 Mar 25, 2020 10:17 AM
New Product NEW ZOHD PLANE (Official): ZOHD Dart XL “Extreme” SonicModell FPV Aircraft 3234 Mar 20, 2020 09:53 AM
New Product ZOHD Orbit NEON (Official Thread) SonicModell FPV Aircraft 47 Nov 11, 2019 06:11 PM
Poll the official what is the real official sukhoi thread poll dragrcr Micro Ready-to-Fly 29 Jul 19, 2009 11:21 AM