Aug 30, 2019, 02:53 AM
Thread OP
New Product

ZOHD KOPILOT Lite - Official thread

KOPILOT Lite is ZOHD’s first Autopilot System. Designed for the fixed-wing RC pilot (FPV and LOS) will give you peace of mind and a feature-rich unit in a very small and light-weight package.

Picture this:

You’re about to maiden your very expensive EDF jet or super-scale Warbird. You know your nerves can bite you in the rear and have a bad time. KOPILOT Lite will make that maiden way smoother taking care of part of the flying until you get the feel of your new bird, giving you the chance to switch it off and have a full manual experience of you beloved machine.

You’re new to FPV and overwhelmed with iNAV settings, bulk files, and hundreds and hundreds of pages of How to’s and user manuals. Forget all of that. KOPILOT Lite will give you a super easy setup (literally 10 minutes) and you’re off to the field. More time flying, less time researching.

You’re an experienced FPV pilot bugged by clustered OSD’s with a lot of less info and unreliable software. KOPILOT Lite will put at your command, the basic functions for bringing your plane safely back home without getting in the way of flying. You will know KOPILOT Lite is there, only when you need it.

FEATURES:

Easy Installation, minimal wiring. Super easy setup
Powerful stabilization and RTH algorithm
Return to Home (RTH) Fence (RAD) and Stabilization modes on a 3 position switch Supports T-Tail, V-tail and Flying Wing / Delta configurations
Mini-size GPS unit for ultra-light setups
Fast SAT lock
Adjustment board removable for a light-weight setup
Launch assistant and motor blocking for no SAT fix
AIL, ELE, THR, RUD + AUX to control your servos. Landing gear and flaps go straight to RX Computer-free programming
Easy to transfer between planes
Completely transparent. Switch it off and use it as a mixing board only

More info soon!

BUY here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000143987613.html
Last edited by SonicModell; Sep 03, 2019 at 08:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2019, 12:10 PM
Jet Enthusiast
Looks very promising!
Pricing this right might not be easy though: with iNav/Arduplane boards becoming very cheap, I can‘t imagine this being cheap enough for its functionality - although simplicity can also be worth a lot sometimes
Aug 31, 2019, 01:10 AM
!!!SkySlayer!!!
Have any more pictures?
Sep 03, 2019, 08:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.wayne
Have any more pictures?
check our FB page and YT channel.
Sep 12, 2019, 01:08 AM
If I turn off my Tx will it automatically do a RTH?
Sep 12, 2019, 09:50 AM
Jet Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan
If I turn off my Tx will it automatically do a RTH?
Even if it didn't, you could program your RX to send the correct channel value for RTH mode in case of failsafe. But most likely it will, I assume.
Sep 12, 2019, 08:50 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Any downloadable PDF manual?, can't wait to buy this for my mini ZOHD wing.
Sep 13, 2019, 12:50 AM
Last edited by tritan; Dec 11, 2020 at 12:40 AM.
Sep 13, 2019, 12:51 AM
One thing I would have wanted though is variable Gain from the Tx.
Sep 13, 2019, 05:59 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Any sample video how the kopilot RTH, OSD and stabilization works in the air?
Sep 13, 2019, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d
Any sample video how the kopilot RTH, OSD and stabilization works in the air?
There is no OSD.
Sep 29, 2019, 01:17 PM

I spent a hour setting one of these up yesterday

In the review sample I examined, the printed manual and Flight Controller behavior did not seem to agree, so one of them is wrong. The lighting pattern of the LEDs for what is labelled v-tail appears to actually be the wing mix, and I believe T-Tail was actually the v-tail I wanted.

In addition, I think the controller expects two channels to have reversed inputs from the norm - but not EVERY channel, just two.

I haven't flown the plane yet, but I have low confidence I did not miss something else, and honestly won't be at all surprised if the plane crashes. It took a tremendous amount of guesswork that would be completely beyond your average novice. I firmly believe that a novice would likely crash or have completely unexpected behavior as it currently ships.

Banggood has this at $45. If we assume the GPS is worth $10, that makes it about the same price as a Matek wing board, which actually has better documentation and a full-featured flight controller with OSD.

For $25, working properly, and with better docs (what inputs belong on what channels, for example? It appears to expect AETR, but this is undocumented), it might have a market. But if nothing improves drastically in this product, I expect it will be gone in a year.
Sep 29, 2019, 01:27 PM
That's too expensive.
Banggood says 59.86€ with camera.

Matek F411 Wing, BN-220 GPS and a cheap AIO FPV camera cost the same and offer a lot more.
Oct 11, 2019, 09:51 AM
I predict it will be around for a while at least and this is because Zohd is selling PNP airplanes with the Kopilot pre-installed, already configured to the airplane.
Oct 11, 2019, 09:20 PM

Fence (rad)

When using the fence setting on return to home, which direction should the plane be facing when you arm the plane so when the return to home is triggered the plane will circle before it flys over your head. Which direction off the fc points toward he 100m area.

Quick Reply