This thread is privately moderated by Blaze0021, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 29, 2019, 11:46 PM
Thread OP
Video

Eflite F-16 Falcon 64mm EDF Jet BNF Basic Performance Flight

In 1080p 60fps - This is a performance flight of my Eflite F-16 Falcon 64mm EDF Jet BNF Basic.

Eflite F-16 Falcon 64mm EDF Jet BNF Basic Performance Flight (4 min 15 sec)

Powered by a Pulse 4S 2250mAh 45C, weighing in at 240 grams and set as far aft as possible. The CG was measured at 83mm from the leading edge of the main wing (from the manual addendum's recommended CG range of 75-85mm). Flight Timer was set to 3:40 minutes. Flown with a Spektrum DX8 G2 Transmitter.

This is a jet that I was initially reluctant to get, just because of the trim scheme / livery. However, the F-16's unique flight characteristics and personality in the air has justifiably won me over. Compared to the Eflite and FMS F-15 Eagle 64mm EDF Jets, the Eflite F-16 Falcon 64mm EDF Jet demands more in pilot proficiency. In flight, the F-16 feels less stable but is definitely more agile. Be mindful of airspeed on final approach for landings, and bleed off as much airspeed as you can during your final flare.. Otherwise, you may find yourself back in the air for a go-around. Also watch out for crosswind approaches and avoid them if possible. Lastly, the narrow stance of the wheels makes ground handling and taxiing in an "appropriate" speed, a skill in itself.. beware of making quick steering movements after touchdown and during taxiing back to the hangar.

Is it less stable, yes. Is it more agile, yes. Does it require more skill out of the pilot, absolutely.

I like it!

Personal modifications were as follows:

1) RocHobby F-16 Falcon V2 64mm EDF Jet Nose Cone - This matching fit nose cone allows for an optional Airspeed Needle, which I opted to keep off. The stock Eflite version does not allow for the removal of the Airspeed Needle (unless you "decide to" break it off). I also applied a very thin layer of Foam Tac on the perimeter of the attachment point of the nose cone to the fuselage, allowing for easy removal if necessary, but will not come off (resulting in a most-likely damaged nose cone) in the event of a bounced landing.

2) Screened Ventral Cheater Air Intake Duct - A roll of window screen can easily be purchased at most hardware stores (Ace, Home Depot, etc). The window screen material is easy to cut and Foam Tac apply from the inside of the magnetic foam port hatch (that allows service to the EDF unit) to the ventral cheater air intake duct. This prevents the astroturf rubber chips and any other FOD (Foreign Object Debris) from getting sucked in, potentially damaging the EDF fan blades during high-speed take-off rollouts. Does it affect EDF performance? Not that I can tell.. and from watching my flight footage, I don't believe so either.

The rates and control linkage setup I used were as follows:

Aileron: 100% with 12% Expo
Control rod to the middle hole on the servo side.
Control rod to the outermost hole of the control surface horn.

Elevator: 100% with 10% Expo
Control rod to the middle hole on the servo side.
Control rod to the outermost hole of the control surface horn.

Steering Wheel: 100% with 30% Expo

Music: "Sol Squadron" - Ace Combat 7 Original Soundtrack

Flight video footage taken with my iPhone 7 on 1080p 60fps - Brad does it again and captures another great flight. Thanks for the great camera skills buddy!

Thanks for watching!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply