Skateboarding Drone with Wheels - Video!

Now this is one the coolest drone videos I've ever seen. It was posted back in June and has 19,000 views, but it deserves more.

Splash

Insane Skateboarding Drone Video

Now this is one the coolest drone videos I've ever seen. It was posted back in June and has 19,000 views, but it deserves more. It was created by Team Rebel and Skyberries_FPV and it showcases a Rebel drone that's been outfitted with wheels. They take it to a skate park and let it rip!

The wheels allow it to roll and slide on the obstacles and perform tricks you'd see skateboarders do. They add in some flips and flare that only a drone could do and it makes for an impressive demo. Imagine using something like this to film a skateboarder with it trailing behind. It would allow shots that have never been possible before. Check out the video below and see for yourself.

Aug 29, 2019, 12:02 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
I've always said that freestyle multirotor pilots are the skateboarders of the '90s!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Aug 30, 2019, 02:24 AM
the best laid plans.......
motion as means of self expression , ......i concur , 100%- freeride, freestyle,boards bikes or quadz....no different mindset.
Sep 01, 2019, 08:40 PM
Great!
It will be a new field of drone sports.
Good luck!
Sep 03, 2019, 07:49 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Pretty darn cool stuff. Bring on the "FLOW".
Sep 04, 2019, 09:17 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
neat. but i bet the novelty would wear off after you replaced a few dozen props.

seems like it would be just as fun if done with simple plastic skids instead of wheels, and be MUCH lighter.
Latest blog entry: MY notes/ Ascent 2"build notes

Quick Reply