Jan 15, 2020, 10:42 AM
Crashing with style
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireJoe
I have watched all the flight videos, I have seen these build videos too, looks great for motor mounting and access and eventual upkeep/motor replacements. I wondered about the DH-2, in terms of access to the motor or changing the motor-it looks like it is well built into the fuselage? That is the model I really want to try next as it would be useful for my high school history lessons on the development of WW1 aircraft. It looks beautiful and there is no other model like it out there! I was worried about long term repairs and motor access on that one though. Of course I want them all, and being Canadian, your use of our famous aces like Bishop and Collishaw etc. is so appreciated and useful to me from an education standpoint!
The DH2 is quite a bit more difficult to access for repairs & replacement, true. However, using lighter fluid, brushed on to dissolve UHU por joints makes the job a bit easier.

I've replaced servos by removing the nose cone & the lower part of the fuselage to gain access from underneath by dissolving the UHU por. The motor should be relatively easy if UHU por is used to keep it in place. The receiver is easy to access from the very open cockpit.
to remove ads between posts
Today, 11:57 AM
Michael S.
Just received my Nie 17 in Nungessor markings. What a beautiful plane!!! Also really appreciate the packing job that Jon @ Microaces did. I know that the assembly guides are online in .PDF format but is is so nice to have the printed manual to step through.
Today, 11:59 AM
Michael S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01
Since you've ignored all but the UK and German contribution to WWI aviation, I think it's high time you created an iconic WWI aircraft from one of the most aviation mad nations on this planet - the Italian built Hanriot 1 and Hanriot 2.

Not much of a stretch from your beautiful new Nieuports.

Always a treat to see new MicroAces models. Thanks, Jon.

Gene K
Second on adding a Hanriot. There is a bird with USS Texas markings which is really stunning.

Quick Reply