Thread Tools
Aug 28, 2019, 04:24 AM
Crashing with style
deadbird's Avatar
Thread OP
New Product

Nieuport 17 - a la Microaces


Been busy again!

Having ignored all but the UK and German contribution to WWI aviation, I thought it high time we created an iconic WWI aircraft from one of the most aviation mad nations on this planet - the French built Nieuport 17.

The kit is available for pre-order on the Microaces website in a choice of two French Ace liveries, that of Charles Nungesser and Rene Dorme. Also available as a duo of both kits. There's discount to be had for pre-ordering too! (more info on the product pages).

We're billing these kits for delivery come November - just in time for......(I'm going to say it) Christmas
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2019, 07:07 AM
Crashing with style
deadbird's Avatar
Thread OP
Oh - here's a little intro to one of the kits plus some clips of the first flight...

I didn't realise it at the time, but with a gentle headwind the model just left my launch hand - no throw involved whatsoever. Really enjoy flying this one!

Microaces Nieuport 17 - Micro RC kit (1 min 36 sec)
Aug 28, 2019, 01:03 PM
Registered User
Gerry Markgraf's Avatar
I just ordered the pair yesterday. Can't wait to start building these. They look like a fun build that will result in an attractive good flying model. Humm. Can a Sopwith Pup be far behind? Looks like it would be a short stretch to produce a Pup after developing this little Gem (easy for me to say).

Gerry
Aug 29, 2019, 03:21 AM
Crashing with style
deadbird's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Markgraf
I just ordered the pair yesterday. Can't wait to start building these. They look like a fun build that will result in an attractive good flying model. Humm. Can a Sopwith Pup be far behind? Looks like it would be a short stretch to produce a Pup after developing this little Gem (easy for me to say).
Thanks Gerry, I think you'll enjoy them both. I'm looking forward to flying them indoors later this year as well as. As for the Pup, I'm not sure if it will be done soon but it'll be done I'm sure!
Aug 29, 2019, 05:03 AM
Crashing with style
deadbird's Avatar
Thread OP
Here's some extended footage of the flights we took the snippets from for the first promo video.

They were actually the maiden and subsequent flights of this model in relatively breezy conditions. Typically it had been calm all morning. But as soon as we hit the park, the trees starting rustling and the wind came straight down the valley at almost a right angle to the 'runway'.

However, that rudder has amazing authority and even with scale dihedral on the lower wings only, it always felt under control. Even managed a crosswind approach onto the runway - not a perfect landing though. Shed the port tire in the process. It's all on the vid...

Microaces Nieuport 17 - extended footage in breezy conditions (3 min 42 sec)
Aug 29, 2019, 11:02 AM
Registered User
Ordered them both today. Have been waiting two years for this one, can't wait.
Aug 30, 2019, 07:40 AM
Balsa, depron addict.
Hi,

I bought it today, in the "René Dorme" scheme.
It will be the first time i try a "Microaces" product.

I have forgotten to order a propeller, is it possible to add it? i have sent you a mail today.

Can't wait to put it on my bench.

Stef.
Aug 30, 2019, 07:42 AM
Crashing with style
deadbird's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefh
Hi,

I bought it today, in the "René Dorme" scheme.
It will be the first time i try a "Microaces" product.

I have forgotten to order a propeller, is it possible to add it? i have sent you a mail today.

Can't wait to put it on my bench.

Stef.
Not a problem Stef, I'll make sure a prop & adapter finds its way into the box.

Jon
Aug 30, 2019, 07:49 AM
Balsa, depron addict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbird
Not a problem Stef, I'll make sure a prop & adapter finds its way into the box.

Jon
Thank you Jon.

Stef.
Aug 31, 2019, 08:23 AM
Registered User
speedy01's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbird
Having ignored all but the UK and German contribution to WWI aviation, I thought it high time we created an iconic WWI aircraft from one of the most aviation mad nations on this planet - the French built Nieuport 17.
Since you've ignored all but the UK and German contribution to WWI aviation, I think it's high time you created an iconic WWI aircraft from one of the most aviation mad nations on this planet - the Italian built Hanriot 1 and Hanriot 2.

Not much of a stretch from your beautiful new Nieuports.

Always a treat to see new MicroAces models. Thanks, Jon.

Gene K
Aug 31, 2019, 09:55 AM
Crashing with style
deadbird's Avatar
Thread OP
I'm with you on an Italian offering Gene, but I was thinking more Macchi 5???
Sep 02, 2019, 04:31 PM
Registered User
RNAF's Avatar
Both are beautiful liveries! How is the big flying boat coming along?
Sep 04, 2019, 05:54 AM
Crashing with style
deadbird's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNAF
Both are beautiful liveries! How is the big flying boat coming along?
Not a great deal of progress at the moment RNAF. It's difficult to find the time but I'm sure I'll get back to it at some point. Think I might have to crowdfund it!
Sep 04, 2019, 06:30 AM
Don't look at me like that....
62pilot's Avatar
Nice.
Sep 06, 2019, 07:23 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbird
Not a great deal of progress at the moment RNAF. It's difficult to find the time but I'm sure I'll get back to it at some point. Think I might have to crowdfund it!
set up preorder - send me a link get a move on )


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Peter Rake 54" Nieuport 17 Prototype Patzpaint Scale Kit/Scratch Built 209 Jun 06, 2018 07:31 AM
Build Log Scale Build Off 5 - VK Model Aircraft Nieuport 17 shoelessjoe Scale Kit/Scratch Built 30 Feb 09, 2018 09:19 AM
Discussion BalsaUSA 1/6 scale Nieuport 17 kit Bill Andersen Glow to Electric Conversions 4 Jan 05, 2017 08:10 PM
Build Log Nieuport 17 N1490 fausto1 Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 19 Jun 24, 2016 07:10 PM