Aug 31, 2019, 02:39 AM
Happy FPV flyer
No point adding to the wizard, that would become one more thing to maintain and the user can again set the module up when going to bind.

The philosophy you quote is entirely irrelevant in this context of digital transmissions designed to not interfer with each other and when every location already contains a dozen devices that "transmit without necessity". This was written at the time of CW voice transmissions...

If it's so much better to not turn the module on at creation when the next thing you're going to do is bind a receiver, please confirm that any time you're powering your radio up to set things up rather than fly you go in the menu to disable the module, and reenable / reconfigure it next time you fly...
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2019, 06:29 AM
Forgive me if I'm being dumb.

I don't have a 2019 Taranis but I was seeing if everything works before I got one.

I have the latest nightly build and tried to open the following:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...g-and-graphing

But in Companion it says 'unable to extract RADIO/radio.bin' or something very close to that. Ive used this set up before on a X9D+ and have all settings correct this time around still, X9D+ 2019 set in companion and was trying to open the JF3K program for the X9D+

Is this just because this version of OpenTX isn't quite ready yet?
Aug 31, 2019, 06:42 AM
OTX OG and EdgeTX contributor
What radio profile are you using when are you trying to open that ? Looks like an Horus.

I just tried opening the X9D Plus.otx from his pack and it loaded ok with x9d 2019 profile

3djc
Last edited by 3djc; Aug 31, 2019 at 06:48 AM.
Aug 31, 2019, 10:37 AM
Problem solved, I was on N68, just updated to the latest and now it's working fine.
Last edited by i_am_mark_evans; Aug 31, 2019 at 10:45 AM.
Aug 31, 2019, 11:36 AM
What about support for the new Jumper T16?
Aug 31, 2019, 12:24 PM
Not currently planned , only T12 is planed

3djc
Aug 31, 2019, 03:29 PM
I think frsky would cancel their monthly donations if T16 was supported
Sep 01, 2019, 03:41 AM
Have Fun and Just Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliOlly View Post
I think frsky would cancel their monthly donations if T16 was supported
Total nonsense. Frsky can't without full support, and pay a full-time developer.

It's totally a decision of the current devs, and the fact that nobody is creating a perfect pull request they can't refuse (code changes to make it work)
Sep 02, 2019, 04:38 AM
https://hmvc.eu/
Is there some workaround to get Companion 2.3 read a 2.2.4 setup?

Before 2.3 gets released I would like to do a renewed conversion of a 2.2.4 X-Lite running an actual 2.2.4 setup of july and then do a compare of each model.

As I have a lot of "creative" setups it may expose some conversion errors of which you are currently not aware. Several were exposed when I did this in July and made all my models invalid.

If Companion 2.3 can read a 2.2.4 setup it is easier to see this using the "compare feature". I am missing this a lot!

I'm aware that a fault found there would not for sure mean that the radio conversion was at fault, but I can do some more investigations then. I'm also aware that an error in the compare or in the Companion conversion may hide a discrepancy, but then we still have the functionality of the setup.
My setups are extremely timer sensitive and any conversion error would soon be noticed when actually using the setup.
Last edited by hisroyaldudeness; Sep 02, 2019 at 04:44 AM.
Sep 02, 2019, 04:42 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisroyaldudeness View Post
Is there some workaround to get Companion 2.3 read a 2.2.4 setup?

Before 2.3 gets released I would like to do a renewed conversion of a 2.2.4 X-Lite running an actual 2.2.4 setup of july and then do a compare of each model.

As I have a lot of "creative" setups it may expose some conversion errors of which you are currently not aware. Several were exposed when I did this in July and made all my models invalid.
No workaround needed here, you can just open the old files, and save them somewhere else, that’s it. You might need to do a fake change so it actually saves using the new format, but it will certainly do that if you write it back to the radio where 2.3 is installed.
Sep 02, 2019, 04:49 AM
It is REALLY critical that any 2.3 issue anyone experiences gets logged on our tracker: https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues

It is the best way to help us help you

3djc
Sep 02, 2019, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pafleraf View Post
No workaround needed here, you can just open the old files, and save them somewhere else, that’s it. You might need to do a fake change so it actually saves using the new format, but it will certainly do that if you write it back to the radio where 2.3 is installed.
I have no idea what you mean.
If I open a 2.2.4 otx-file, Companion will give the error message "Can't read Radio/bin".
This has been confirmed and will get fixed.

I just think it's better to give that a bit more priority so more people can test their own setups and be of more assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3djc View Post
It is REALLY critical that any 2.3 issue anyone experiences gets logged on our tracker: https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues

It is the best way to help us help you

3djc
A while ago I mentioned it on Github, but it seems it has no priority.

Fixing to read a 2.2.4 setup would be a way for us to help you
Last edited by hisroyaldudeness; Sep 02, 2019 at 08:09 AM.
Sep 02, 2019, 08:08 AM
Could you sahre your file or point me to the issue, because I open 2.2.4 otx daily don't have that issue
Sep 02, 2019, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3djc View Post
Could you sahre your file or point me to the issue, because I open 2.2.4 otx daily don't have that issue
Is that so?
Is it maybe because I was running 2.2.x nightlies then and it doesn't apply to 2.2.4 final?

EDIT
I raised an issue on Github.
I didn't do this before because I was under the impression this was to be expected.
Last edited by hisroyaldudeness; Sep 02, 2019 at 08:27 AM.
Sep 02, 2019, 03:26 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisroyaldudeness View Post
I have no idea what you mean.
If I open a 2.2.4 otx-file, Companion will give the error message "Can't read Radio/bin".
This has been confirmed and will get fixed.

I just think it's better to give that a bit more priority so more people can test their own setups and be of more assistance.
Seems it was a misunderstanding! I did not understand it was that issue preventing you from doing it. And if someone is already on it, even better!

Quick Reply