Aug 28, 2019, 01:12 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

H-King Cessna TTX -1100mm

Nice looking scale model.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/h-king-c...asc=4359763279

The H-King Cessna TTX is an excellent, scale rendition of the original plane made by Cessna. It is made of tough EPO foam and is beautifully crafted with panel lines and scale cockpit and other details. Plenty of power with the scale 3-blade propeller.

The Cessna TTx is a single-engine, low wing, general aviation plane with a fixed tricycle undercarriage and was produced between 2004-2018 by Cessna Aircraft. It was originally called the Cessna 400. It was designed to carry a pilot and three passengers.

At 1100mm wingspan the TTX is small enough to transport fully assembled but if you need to take the wings off it is extremely easy with the new wiring quick-connectors. Take-offs and landings are a breeze thanks to the scale slotted flaps and the super bright navigation lights will allow everyone to easily spot this streamlined plane. With a thrust ratio of 1:1.3 there is no trouble doing some easy rolls and loops and other maneuvers. The large hatch area makes installing a battery so easy.

This is a beautiful, scale plane which will have you the talk of the field. There will be plenty of interest in the H-King Cessna TTX so you better get one now.

Features:
Lightweight yet strong EPO material
Scale details like antennas, steps, cockpit, panel lines and more
Big powerful scale slotted flaps
With super bright navigational lights
Big battery access hatch for easy battery installation
A set of special designed servos and LED wiring quick-connectors are pre-installed for easy wing installation
An efficient 3-blade scale propeller and a powerful motor are perfectly matched to provide longer flight times and higher power with more than 1:1 thrust to weight ratio

Specs:
Wingspan: 1100mm
Length: 700mm
Weight: 675g (without battery)
Thrust to weight ratio: 1:1.3
Motor: 3530-1200KV
ESC: 30A Brushless
Servo: 9g x 6pcs
Flight time: about 5-7mins
Propeller: 8x4.5 3-blade (2 provided)

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/h-king-c...asc=4359763279
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2019, 11:50 AM
youtube.com/ShadowVFX
I'm not one who usually has a desire to buy civilian airplanes, but this one is definitely making me consider otherwise. I like the green paint scheme, it has flaps and nav lights. It's got everything I could want.
Aug 28, 2019, 01:10 PM

Just to Think About and Compare - IMHO After I Was Looking to Purchase

HK Cessna TTX - PNP NO RECEIVER 1100 MM (43") - $143.61 + Cost of RECEIVER

Dynam Cirrus SR-22 - PNP NO RECEIVER 1400 MM (55") - $155 + Cost of RECEIVER

Eflite Cirrus SR22T - PNP NO RECEIVER 1500 MM (60") - $199 + Cost of RECEIVER

For PRICE & SIZE consideration - DYNAM

For PRICE, SIZE and QUALITY (IMHO, and I have ALL 3 brands of planes in my hangar) - EFLITE

Though this is not EXACTLY an apples to apples comparison because Dynam & Eflite do not have the Cessna TTX (yet), the Cirrus SR-22/SR22T
are CLOSE comparisons, IMHO

Just "food for thought" as I was looking to purchase the HK Cessna TTX
Aug 28, 2019, 01:20 PM
I have only ever had two planes end in total destruction due to faulty ESCs. Both were E-flite(F-27 and V900)

I really believe the notion that Horizon/E-flite have superior quality, though perhaps true five or so years ago and longer, is nowadays completely baseless. Add in a couple defective servos, receivers, etc, and the generally poor design of the V900, and I actually think E-flite is at the lower end of the quality scale these days. Some of their stuff is good, no doubt, but much of it is very overpriced.

Meanwhile companies like Hobbyking are not what they were five years ago either.
Aug 28, 2019, 02:29 PM
ab amicis auxilio parvulo

Cessna Corvalis/400/TTX

If you recall the dearly departed Hobbico, they did the first model of this Cessna, when it was known as a Corvalis before renamed first a 400, then a TTX.

It was a 1450mm wingspan in Hobbico's Flyzone Select Scale series. I still have and am fly one. It is a great flying model and always mistaken for a Cirrus SR22 when anyone sees me flying it.
Aug 28, 2019, 05:19 PM
youtube.com/ShadowVFX
Size does not equal value for me. I have planes ranging from UMX to 1600mm wingspan and I find the most enjoyable and the best 'bang for the buck' to be the 1100mm sized aircraft. Easy to transport, cheap batteries and they fly almost as well as their bigger brothers (especially with a gyro).

P. S. I bit the bullet and bought this. I used the 10% off code and needed a few other items from HK as well. I almost never buy planes new (almost all my planes I own I acquired used via swap meets and Craigslist sales), so this is a rarity for me.

I will be sure to upload some YouTube clips of the unboxing, assembly and maiden flight.
Last edited by Suko; Aug 28, 2019 at 07:08 PM.
Aug 28, 2019, 08:12 PM
The FlyZone Corvalis is what i thought of when l seen this.
I bet it'll be alittle more sporty with its smaller size.
Hope the front gear doesn't suffer the same issues the Corvalis had.
Aug 28, 2019, 09:25 PM
Hello, would anyone share the 10% off code. Greatly appreciated and thank you very much in
advance.
Aug 28, 2019, 09:34 PM
youtube.com/ShadowVFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4RC
Hello, would anyone share the 10% off code. Greatly appreciated and thank you very much in
advance.
See here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...urrently-valid
Aug 29, 2019, 12:27 AM
Nice looking plane. Im gonna avoid being an early adopter, but if the pilot reports turn out well I will be adding one to the fleet.
Aug 29, 2019, 02:06 PM
Damage is expected
Looks really fast in the video! It seems to land a little "hot" for my skill level. Very cool that it uses smaller batteries.
Aug 29, 2019, 07:59 PM
Windy day filming Warnekid. Slow flights just looked horrible has it bounced up and down in the air. Big set of flaps to come in on a crawl

Ian
Aug 29, 2019, 08:47 PM
youtube.com/ShadowVFX
Wow. I got mine less than 24 hours after I hit the buy button. Awesome shipping speeds HK. (it helps that I'm just North of your US warehouse)
Last edited by Suko; Aug 29, 2019 at 08:56 PM.
Aug 29, 2019, 08:56 PM
So what do you think so far?
Aug 29, 2019, 11:02 PM
youtube.com/ShadowVFX
She's a nice looking plane. I'm making an unboxing and build video and will share soon.

Quick Reply