This thread is privately moderated by KristofferR, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 27, 2019, 08:10 AM
Thread OP
Video

FunRay at Vallda Sandö.

Video from the second outing with the FunRay at Vallda Sandö.

I do love the ease of assembly with the connectors fixed in the wings.

Launch is extremely stable and the general feel is solid. It flies really well and retains energy in the headwind with ease.

The effect of the camber setting is very impressive, it climbs nicely with my hands off the sticks. So far I have been less successful getting a nice behavior with the reflex - speed is up but lift is compromised too much. Inverted looks promising, and roll rate is very good.

Messing up close to the slope from inverted and recovering way down low shows it is capable of flight right on the edge of stall as well. This is also indicated in the landings which have been easy on the slope. I find it challenging to land in dead air, even with full butterfly, it keeps the speed up anyway and glides for a long time.

Funray second slope flight, Vallda Sandö WSW 12m/s (3 min 23 sec)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply