Nov 29, 2019, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
Why?

Unless he is planning on making Cameron engines I don't see how he can make a profit from that deal - what am I missing
There must be some advantage to the deal that we don't know about.

Back in the day I actually had a Cameron powered tether car and it was fast.

Yes I can agree, why?
Latest blog entry: yes I still fly airplanes too
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2019, 09:30 PM
It appears Randy has a passion for the marque, and the terms of acquisition were acceptable.
Nov 30, 2019, 12:54 AM
I'm just miffed, as even though I guessed correctly (Cameron) I didn't get a hat ! Too costly to send to Australia I guess
Nov 30, 2019, 08:04 AM
I think they had mentioned that the mini-contest it was for the US only as to getting the hat.
Nov 30, 2019, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
It appears Randy has a passion for the marque, and the terms of acquisition were acceptable.
I think that they were friends or at least knew each other really well. I think you are likely correct.
Nov 30, 2019, 08:37 AM
A man with too many toys
What company made engines like the Sky Fury and Sea Fury. When I was a youngster I always like those engines.

I always wanted to put a twin on a small RC airplane.

Are glow plugs still available for those engines?

Nov 30, 2019, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
What company made engines like the Sky Fury and Sea Fury. When I was a youngster I always like those engines.

I always wanted to put a twin on a small RC airplane.

Are glow plugs still available for those engines?

Well Allyn made the .049 Sky Fury engine. Plus K&B made the Allyn .098 and .15 inline twin Sky Fury engines too. I don't know about the glow heads, but I have seen a number of them sporting regular short 1/4x32 glow plugs on them. I have a vague memory flash that Cox glow plugs fit the K&B engines. But it could be wrong.

ref http://www.airplanesandrockets.com/m...y-1954-man.htm
Nov 30, 2019, 11:17 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb
Well Allyn made the .049 Sky Fury engine. Plus K&B made the Allyn .098 and .15 inline twin Sky Fury engines too. I don't know about the glow heads, but I have seen a number of them sporting regular short 1/4x32 glow plugs on them. I have a vague memory flash that Cox glow plugs fit the K&B engines. But it could be wrong.

ref http://www.airplanesandrockets.com/m...y-1954-man.htm
Thanks,
I see that they were not very powerful compared to Cox engines. Probably why they stopped making them. Cox was way better than other early engines.

Nov 30, 2019, 04:46 PM
ffkiwi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Stack
I'm just miffed, as even though I guessed correctly (Cameron) I didn't get a hat ! Too costly to send to Australia I guess
Me too-as intimated earlier in this thread.....at least he could have published a list of 'correct guessers' on the website-even if we missed out on the hat..! [I have one anyway...from an order years ago]

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'

Quick Reply