Sep 29, 2019, 12:41 PM
Heligamist
Get a Geolink .. then it land itself
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2019, 02:33 PM
congrats! the blade disc has quite a bit more mass and will retain energy much better than the v2, which just comes down and bounces. with a larger heli there's a bit more hang time when you hit throttle hold and you can guide it down using CP. if you aren't doing autos knock out most of the negative in the TH pitch curve and/or the Normal curve and you can tone it down.
Sep 29, 2019, 04:15 PM
Thread OP
BrokeDad, I have a Geolink just haven't installed it yet. Not sure I'm going to either. All joking aside, I know what I have to do, just didn't. Flights with 230S after hard landing with 470L where practicing landing in U1, not stability mode. Getting the hang of it. Just wasn't ready for how fast it came down with full head speed and more negative collective.
Sep 29, 2019, 05:07 PM
try this: (or not)

did some work on my 700 years ago and somehow the collective got reversed. engine is screaming as I think I am putting in positive but it won't leave the ground. went negative to bring the engine back and up it went, lost head speed, and came down just as fast. one of the many reasons I quit the big stuff....
Oct 04, 2019, 09:42 AM
Thread OP

Update

Got her all fixed up and ready for second flight. That has to wait for rain to stop. A little more damage than originally thought. Main shaft was bent, so replaced it along with feather shaft and grips. Better safe than sorry.
Oct 04, 2019, 09:48 AM
Heligamist
Hope it goes well. Maybe take a bunch of the negative collective out of the pitch curve until you are planning to flip or roll it. It's a nice day here so will be flying many of mine.
Oct 04, 2019, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppterX
try this: (or not)

did some work on my 700 years ago and somehow the collective got reversed. engine is screaming as I think I am putting in positive but it won't leave the ground. went negative to bring the engine back and up it went, lost head speed, and came down just as fast. one of the many reasons I quit the big stuff....
Sorry. That must have sucked. But the vision I got of this was cracking me up.
Oct 05, 2019, 12:23 AM
The Other Side of Your Screen
After my 300 CFX got pushed over landing in a broadside wind gust .... I now land them nose into the wind.

As long as we still have $, we will keep learning!
Oct 05, 2019, 10:38 AM
there's definitely humor in crashes....one guy who decided to try a blade stop with a 600 nitro and didn't realize the blades needed to be tight. they folded back and when it hit the ground there was nothing recoverable. I didn't like him much anyway.
Oct 05, 2019, 02:23 PM
Thread OP
How about the crash where when setting up throttle curves on a three postion switch, somehow the pitch got reversed on the middle postion? That was fun trying my first auto rotation landing. Was doing good until soccer goal jumped up out of nowhere...

Quick Reply