Feb 23, 2005, 01:44 AM
Thread OP
Rave

First post and first AP

I've been reading this forum for awhile now and decided I would finally join in. I'm still fairly new to R/C airplanes in general. I started with a Wingo Porter (the discontinued twin motor Wingo) in 2002 and actually flew it with a 900MHz video downlink I bought from a security company. I got some cool videos on a couple flights till the video tx died for some reason, probably overheated since I was flying in 100+ degree heat. Anyways, I flew the plane a few more times and then it was sidelined because of other projects. I just recently got back into r/c with a glow powered Hobbico Nexstar. Well I got the AP bug again and so I constructed a camera box out of plywood, dropped in my Optio S5i held in place with receiver foam, and sent it up this past weekend. Now I know from everyone's experiences here that AP is really best suited to electrics, but suprisingly I got a few clear shots. I would have more but a few flights in I started experiencing engine problems aka deadstick practice, so I took the cam off. By the way, the green landscape you see is very unusual for this part of So Cal. It really is supposed to be a desert! We've gotten more rain in the last month than we usually get all year.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2005, 02:55 AM
Those are very nice for your first shots. You would love a Slow Stick.
Feb 23, 2005, 05:16 AM
No Guts No Glory

NIce Pics

Nice Pics TIme to go electric... Electric and AP are a very good mix. Almost no restrictions to were you can fly and very vibration free platforms for ap.

Is that green "thing" in picture 2 an other rc plane? And that circle on the field, thoes tracks do they have any meaning?
Feb 23, 2005, 12:13 PM
That is strange seeing all that green in the desert. For some reason it does look unnatural! Nice firsts!

Matt
Feb 23, 2005, 03:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel2003
Is that green "thing" in picture 2 an other rc plane? And that circle on the field, thoes tracks do they have any meaning?
Yeah, my friend Joe was flying and I was trying to get some air to air shots of his plane. The crop circle looking tracks are from people having fun in their 4x4's. The area where I fly is not an official flying field, but just an empty lot we got permission to use. The runway was made by dragging a big bulldozer tire behind a truck, which you can see in photo #3. We're working on a second, longer runway further from the parking area but all the new grass is making it a p.i.t.a.
Feb 23, 2005, 04:29 PM

First post and first AP

DezertAerial,

Nice shots. I know by now that your AP infection is passing 100!! You are going to have lots of fun and get neat surprises with some of your pics.

Have Fun!!

Roger

Quick Reply