Aug 26, 2019, 11:40 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

iCharger 106B+ processor & firmware encoding

Hello everyone,
I am looking for detailed information regarding the iCharger 106B+. In particular I am looking for...

1) the processor used in the iCharger 106B+ and
2) information regarding the firmware encoding.

Why? Because I would like to modify the latest V3.14 firmware to lower the LiPo storage voltage to 3.72 volts.

Best regards,
Chris
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2019, 02:48 PM
If you use LiIo storage (3.75V), you're pretty close. Or use the Discharge program when the battery is charged.
Aug 26, 2019, 03:04 PM
Keep Flying Model Aeroplanes
Discharge function will take it to 3.72V.

And of course you will be discharging it to that voltage since you would never have discharged it to a lower voltage in the first place because it would not be good for the battery.
Aug 26, 2019, 03:27 PM
Thread OP
RNFLY,
uh that's a great idea with the LiIo storage program. Thanks a lot for this nice tip. Will definitaly try this out the next time. Discharge is also nice, but I would like to have a program which is automatically deciding whether to charge or discharge - depending on the battery status.

Nevertheless - just for fun I would still be interested in hacking the FW to set a native 3.72V if someone has any info here. At the end, we are all hobbyists, always in search for the optimum :-)

Alternatively @Junsi is welcome to provide a "beta" firmware ;-)

Best regards,
Chris
Aug 26, 2019, 04:45 PM
If you can do what you want to do be sure to let us know how it goes.

I am not completely satisfied with Storage voltage either but I don't use that function anyway. I will just fly for a time that will leave the battery voltage near a good storage level. That is usually around 3.85V/cell.
Aug 26, 2019, 04:46 PM
RCG had a glitch that caused a double post.
Oct 20, 2019, 02:04 AM

icharger modified firmware

Look here for a modified firmware. You can make your own changes and do your own build. I know the icharger 106B+ is not directly listed here, but a read through the comments will point you in the right direction.

https://github.com/stawel/cheali-charger

If you icharger is an older ones 2008 ish, then you may have this CPU
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...g/W-YhsbhLCwAJ
If you open the unit up, most likely they have tried to scrape off the MPU/MCU label, but sometimes there is enough left over to verify the maker. Also looking at the packaging is another way. For example, the SyncMos units are a bit taller with the dot representing pin 1 in the middle of the slanted side, verse the Atmel version where the dot is on the top of the package. Each manufacturer had a slight difference in packaging that can help you narrow down the make and model.

Quick Reply