This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 26, 2019, 07:23 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Monday 26 August 2019

Quelima SQ12 on my WLToys F959 (4 min 23 sec)

Got up around 7am , loaded the car and headed out to fly .

It was cold , my hands were freezing !

Flew
1) WL Toys F959
2) Ezio
3) 450x
4) Firstar 200
5) FMS Vtail

I think the cold effected the models a little harsh .
Flight times were down , power was down . Brrrrr !

F959 .. Flies reasonably well . Not sure how effective the cam is , but a cheap cam on a cheap plane ( see video )
Ezio .. Wow the new battery was good ( 79% left when I got home and checked )
450x Looks like the 450x has become a Nonotech killer , my battery of choice Nano 260mAh 1s puffed up about 100%
Firstar 200 , flies really well . I was actually doing rolls
FMS Vtail - Down on power , that prop bites . ( Same as original Ezio ) I will have to look at a new prop for the FMS .. Might also need a new ESC if the new prop loads the motor too much . I like the way it flies , but I hate the prop . In the cold this morning , even 100% throttle felt weak . On the other hand the Ezio was flying with very little throttle .

Oh well ! Was a day out ( little wind ) . These days be few and far between .
Oh and ...... The grumpy old man was there of course ! And he walked out into the field when I was flying without warning .
And yelling something about ( dont you know the rules ? )

Being some what curious , I was wondering what rule he was implying ?

So after he finished I asked him ..

Seems he was upset some one was flying on his field ( public ) .. And he was referring to me flying over him !

Hmmmm , I was there flying , and he was at his car . He walked onto the field un announced while I was flying .
And being safety cautious , I landed as soon as it was safe to do so , so as not to put him in harms way . ( He did that )

So the grumpy old man effectively pushed me off the field ,
Blamed me for his lack of safety and common sense !

Obviously I pointed these things out to him , as well that common courtesy goes a long way .. ( Never mind common sense - which apparently is not very common in 2019 )

Yes , it's 2019 and it seems everyone is all about ME and me and more me ( F everyone else ) .
I will have to remember to cam up when I go there , I dont drive a car without cams . Looks like I cant fly without a cam either .
Just way too many stupid people about .

I wonder when it's going to be the year of "FU" , I think we are due ! Since this is the prevailing attitude these days .
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply