Aug 25, 2019, 01:22 PM
A Snickering Hound
Thread OP
Discussion

First Tank

Hello everyone,

Iíve been looking at purchasing a tank for quite some time. Iím an aircraft guy normally, but deteriorating eyesight has me looking for alternatives to keep me in the hobby.

For my first tank, I do not plan on doing much in the way of modifications. Iíll more or less be running it around the yard and getting a feel for the vehicle. Nothing fancy.

With my limited knowledge, Iíve had to depend on some reading and research. Iíve tried to steer away from those with consistently mediocre reviews, but I understand how subjective those can be.

The two tanks I keep coming back to are the Heng Long Walker Bulldog (plastic with some metal upgrades) and the Taigen Sherman (more metal but I believe a plastic upper). Both are the 1/16 version.

Iím just looking for some opinions/advice from the experienced members here on which might be the best starting option. I realize it may not be a fair comparison due to the price difference and therefore in quality/features as well.

Thanks so much,
Bob
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply