Aug 25, 2019, 11:02 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Stits painting over a canopy

I have built a shoestring from scratch and am using the Stits lite system. I would like top know if anyone has painted their canopy with Polyspray followed by Polytone paint. I used a little Ploybrush on the canopy and it didn't seem to attack it
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2019, 08:40 AM
Thread OP
anyone?
Aug 26, 2019, 02:51 PM
k2k
k2k
I have done several planes in Stits Lite and the Polyfiber paint system but I have not tried to do that. Looking through the manual there is no mention of using Polyspray on plastic, or for that matter any of their products. I think that what will probably happen is that it will peel off over time. The manual does describe using their primer and enamal paints on metal and fiberglass. I think your best results might be to use a primer for plastic like Tamiya then use the matching Polyfiber enamal on top of that.
Aug 26, 2019, 03:04 PM
k2k
k2k
Call F&M Enterprises, they should know what to use.
Oct 08, 2019, 12:28 PM
Whether I'm using dope or epoxy paint, when I spray plastic of any kind I always fog on a few coats to let it sort of build up the finish kind of dry. That way most of the solvents are dispersed in the air before it hits the plastic. After the color is on pretty good you can put down one slightly heavier coat but don't get happy with it.

And it's always a good idea to do an acid test on a piece of scrap material before hand.

carl

Quick Reply