Aug 24, 2019, 08:50 PM
Maker of lawn darts.
Thread OP
Help!

R9M-lite module stopped working with Xlite Pro

Evening (here anyways). I've been having issues with a R9M-lite module on my Xlite Pro. I got the module earlier this week, and had no problems yesterday having it register & bind. I let it charge overnight through USB, and today, the external module refuses to power on. I've read other places about some PMU issues that are happening with the xlites, but they seem to be related to the module not staying powered on after boot, rather than not powering on at all. The module doesn't show up in the model info screen, like the transmitter doesn't even recognize that it's been attached. I've tried all the firmware versions (including the PMU and internal TX updates) released for the TX so far, and none have made a difference. As far as I can tell, the only thing that's changed between today and yesterday was the charge on USB overnight (which may be completely unrelated). Thoughts?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2019, 02:24 AM
Happy FPV flyer
The transmitter doesn't "recognize that it's been attached", YOU tell it that you have one in there with the external module type in the model settings.
Aug 25, 2019, 11:50 AM
Maker of lawn darts.
Thread OP
Yep, I have that configured. It was working Friday, and wasn't on Saturday. Configuration hasn't changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aug 25, 2019, 06:28 PM
Check the connector on the R9M and make sure it is seated correctly in the case. The top end can snap out of the holder and then the connector will not connect correctly with the Pro.

Mike
Aug 26, 2019, 05:36 PM
Maker of lawn darts.
Thread OP
Thanks, but I checked, and can confirm that the 8 pin connector is seated correctly.

Sep 15, 2019, 10:12 AM
Maker of lawn darts.
Thread OP
After some back and forth with Horus and FrSky, they think the module is bad, and I've RMA'd it back to them.

Quick Reply