Aug 24, 2019, 10:22 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

RINO Peter King Sells Out the 2nd Amendment, Signs on to ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/rino-p...t-weapons-ban/

This is going to trigger the trigger of the gun lobby and it's supporters ........Don't worry the bill will never pass ........Right ?

King also claims that so-called assault weapons “are weapons of mass slaughter

Neoconservative Rep. Peter King (R-NY) is the first RINO legislator in the U.S. House to sell out the 2nd Amendment by supporting a new “assault weapons” ban pushed by Democrat lawmakers.

King announced Monday that he supports H.R. 1296, legislation that “makes it a crime to knowingly import, sell, transfer, or possess a semiautomatic assault weapons (SAW) or large capacity ammunition feeding device (LCAFD).”

“I think the assault weapons ban is timely now, especially in view of the shooting in El Paso and Dayton,” King said, showing his willingness to exploit the tragedies to attack the Constitution.

From article :

King also claims that so-called assault weapons “are weapons of mass slaughter,” and he “doesn’t see any need for them in everyday society.” The Democrats are very pleased with his betrayal of the 2nd Amendment.

“These weapons belong on the battlefield, not in our homes, schools, houses of worship or workplaces. I’m pleased that Congressman King has joined this effort,” said Rep. David Cicilline (D-RI), who proposed the legislation back in February.

“I sincerely hope that more of my Republican colleagues will put their service to our country and the safety of their constituents ahead of their need to raise campaign money from the gun lobby,” he added.
Aug 24, 2019, 10:24 AM
Thread OP

Here is the bill that King and Democrats will support

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...ouse-bill/1296

Shown Here:
Introduced in House (02/15/2019)
Assault Weapons Ban of 2019

This bill makes it a crime to knowingly import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess a semiautomatic assault weapon (SAW) or large capacity ammunition feeding device (LCAFD).

The prohibition does not apply to a firearm that is (1) manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action; (2) permanently inoperable; (3) an antique; or (4) a rifle or shotgun specifically identified by make and model.

The bill also exempts from the prohibition the following, with respect to a SAW or LCAFD:

importation, sale, manufacture, transfer, or possession related to certain law enforcement efforts, or authorized tests or experiments;
importation, sale, transfer, or possession related to securing nuclear materials; and
possession by a retired law enforcement officer.
The bill permits continued possession, sale, or transfer of a grandfathered SAW, which must be securely stored. A licensed gun dealer must conduct a background check prior to the sale or transfer of a grandfathered SAW between private parties.

The bill permits continued possession of, but prohibits sale or transfer of, a grandfathered LCAFD.

Newly manufactured LCAFDs must display serial number identification. Newly manufactured SAWs and LCAFDs must display the date of manufacture.

The bill requires law enforcement agencies to be notified when a prohibited person attempts to purchase a grandfathered SAW.

It also allows a state or local government to use Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program funds to compensate individuals who surrender a SAW or LCAFD under a buy-back program.
Aug 24, 2019, 10:39 AM
Trump is a RINO......
Aug 24, 2019, 10:59 AM
Good for King. I hope his doing so will aid other legislators who may be so inclined.
Aug 24, 2019, 11:27 AM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
The firearms industry hasn't had a good 'scare-purchase' event in well over two years. King's trying to do the industry a favor.

However, nothing close to the gun-purchasing heyday of the last administration.

Thanks Oblama.

Aug 24, 2019, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdactyl
The firearms industry hasn't had a good 'scare-purchase' event in well over two years. King's trying to do the industry a favor.

However, nothing close to the gun-purchasing heyday of the last administration.

Thanks Oblama.
It is interesting that conservatives reacted to (feared ?) Obama so greatly.
Aug 24, 2019, 11:43 AM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
All I can do is thank Oblama.
Aug 24, 2019, 11:46 AM
Old Timer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
It is interesting that conservatives Obama so greatly.
Nothing compared to the left "reacting to (feared ?)" to Trump.
Aug 24, 2019, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Condor
I guess I missed the mass weapons and ammo buying by liberals.

My personal situation is that I'd love to see a buy back for my guns and see them melted down, both the long rifles and pistols. I won't sell them to others and have no desire to keep them.
Aug 24, 2019, 11:54 AM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Quote:
Yep, a huge jump in Halloween ninja costumes and blacks scarfs.
Aug 24, 2019, 11:57 AM
Quote:
btw... if you should get pointed for altering my quote... I want you to know that it was not me that reported it.
Aug 24, 2019, 12:14 PM
All of the founding documents were written by racist slave owning white supremacist men. Time to trash all of them and start fresh, beginning with the fourth and the second. Come on people, that tired old document is meaningless in today's world. Time for a change!
Aug 24, 2019, 12:19 PM
The QuadFather
Quote:

My personal situation is that I'd love to see a buy back for my guns and see them melted down, both the long rifles and pistols. I won't sell them to others and have no desire to keep them.
Since you have no desire to keep them, or won’t sell them, perhaps you should donate them as soon as possible to the local sheriffs depot to be destroyed. Why wait around for a buy back when you stated you wouldn’t sell them anyhow.

A little hypocrisy, don’t ya think?,
Aug 24, 2019, 12:26 PM
Old Timer
Quote:

Good.
Aug 24, 2019, 12:51 PM

Quick Reply