Sep 10, 2019, 04:45 AM
I am still away from home and my kit is sitting at the post office so I have yet to see it. Lever the photo that showed the nozzle angle made me go ahead and order the 90mm vectoring nozzle that was shown on Aliexpress as an accessory. I may not use it for vectoring in flight but trim it to where the plane flies best and leave alone. It may also have a more appropriate exit area. I also plane to move cheater holes to fuselage over the wing and close off the lower one. I did this to an HSD SuperViper and it cut the takeoff roll in half and lifts off without yanking on the elevator. I can now fly it from a 150 ft fabric runway.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2019, 11:06 AM

Yeah.
I wonder why that up angle on the nozzle?
My very old 2003 wattage mirage 2000 pusher
Also has a 2 degree up angle of the motor
In the back ....

Sep 10, 2019, 11:45 AM
Mines here,

CG i was given was 61-62 cm from the tail end. i dry assembled the mirage and the empty airframe with all the accessories apart from the linkage it CG at 60mm this is empty. but give me a rough indication of where the CG for the airframe. you can see in the image where the airframe is balanced on the airframe.

on the image with the measuring tape, airframe balaces at 82 cm from nose tip and factory recommenadation is at 80cm from the nose or 61-62 from back

I am quite impressed with the airframe quality. and the finish on the mould is very good is in the same leage as my freewing mirage in quality.
Sep 10, 2019, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppaholic
Mines here,

CG i was given was 61-62 cm from the tail end. i dry assembled the mirage and the empty airframe with all the accessories apart from the linkage it CG at 60mm this is empty. but give me a rough indication of where the CG for the airframe. you can see in the image where the airframe is balanced on the airframe.

on the image with the measuring tape, airframe balaces at 82 cm from nose tip and factory recommenadation is at 80cm from the nose or 61-62 from back

I am quite impressed with the airframe quality. and the finish on the mould is very good is in the same leage as my freewing mirage in quality.

Very very nice kit. Thanks.

Is that big chamber behind the cockpit for
Battery and electronics stuffs?
The ducting is not very clean. May need
Some work. But It flies Well though.
Your dry fit airframe has very straight
nozzle in the back. Not up angle like the
other man's kit. Strange.

What about the deflection up and down
Of the ailerons?
Thx

Last edited by flylow2011; Sep 10, 2019 at 12:47 PM.
Sep 10, 2019, 02:10 PM
Yes behind cockpit is the battery compartment easy to fit 2 6s for 12 config.
The ducting is non existent, the two spars and wheel wells run though it, I am not too worried about that as I going to fit a turbine. The front air scoops very narrow about 10mm inlet each side not enough at all, but there is a very very big cheater hole so it mainly relies on that.
The ale and ele are the same as freewing one or actually better massive trows and easy movement 45 degrees easy and are very big so will need rates

The thrust angle is the same on mine as the other pictures on this thread, you just can't see it in the pic
Sep 10, 2019, 03:22 PM

Wow... poor ducting ???
No wonder why in the Video the
Guys fly this Mirage with FW 70mm fan, 2150 kv.

The good thing is it is bigger than
The FW Mirage.
So BETTER VISIBILITY :-)

Fw length 1250mm
Fw width 790mm

This Mirage length 1400mm,
Width 950mm

Still it is a nice Mirage though.
Thanks for sharing

Last edited by flylow2011; Sep 10, 2019 at 03:30 PM.
Sep 10, 2019, 05:11 PM
the ducting isnt any different to the freewing one, i been flying a freewing mirage for two years and its no short of power.

there is video of this model flying on their QT model sale page its got thrust vectoring, cant post a link as its an embedded link on their shop page on taoboa. its flies very well and there is no short of vetical on 6s. it pulls out of a hover as well so it does work
Sep 10, 2019, 08:29 PM

Yeah ... I saw those videos of this mirage.
The heavier mirages with 90mm fan fly
Much stable, Much better than the lighter one
With 70mm fan.

Sep 12, 2019, 04:00 PM
Just found out QT T-45 70mm is the same as FMS T-45. Can anyone verify the connection or no connection between FMS and QT?
Sep 17, 2019, 08:47 PM
I got back home from s trip this weekend and picked up my kit from the post office. Started messing around with the parts to plan on how to build it. I took some pictures and measurements. You can see from the picture of it next to my Avios Mig-17 that it will build up to a pretty good size plane that should be easy to see if you donít paint it in the sky blue/grey camo. The battery bay is large enough to handle most any battery combo. They main gear wheels are limited to about 65mm diameter. There isnít a lot of foam in the wheel wells to hog-out for larger wheels. There are 3d printed retract mounts included, but they are too small for units with 4 or 5mm pins, so I think that area will need some rework. Some foam shaving will need to be done to fit a 90mm shroud that is not smooth on the outside and the inlet area will have to be matched to the particular lip that is used. I am waiting to see what the vectoring nozzle that I ordered looks like before deciding what to do at the aft end. There will be a lot of heavy stuff at the tail end of the plane, so a lighter weight edf may be the best choice. There is a lot of open area behind the battery bay and ahead of the fan to move cheater holes to the sides or upper fuselage and close off the lower one.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:33 PM

Nice.

Thanks for sharing.
What retract do you have in the photo?
Maybe just move the fan forward to get the CG.
What fan do you plan to use?
The FMS 12 blade 90mm, 1900 kv is a light fan, only 325gr.
Sep 17, 2019, 10:10 PM

Maybe this set from Hobbyking works fine on this Mirage.

Alloy Oleo Strut set w/wheels for 90mm/1.20 Class Jet - Superb looking and high quality Oleo leg's for Jets and scale models, complete with wheels.

Specs:
Length to axle centreline (Nose): 108mm
Length to axle centreline (Main): 100mm
Retract Mounting Pin (Nose): 5mm
Retract Mounting Pin (Main): 4mm
Wheel Size Nose: 1.75" (45mm)
Wheel Size Main: 2.25" (57mm)
Axle: 4mm
Weight: 129gr

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/alloy-ol...MaAnhwEALw_wcB

Sep 18, 2019, 03:24 AM

Main retract from hobbyking with
4mm pin , 46gr each, $16 for 2
Specs:
Mount Plate Dimensions: 33mm x 35mm
Scew Hole Spacing: 24mm x 28mm
Depth: 26mm
Length: 61mm
Pin: 4mm
Weight: 46g (x 1)
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/servoles...mount-2pc.html

Nose retract from hobbyking with
5mm pin , 77 gr, $11
Specs:
Operating Voltage: 4.5~6.0V
Supported Model Weight: up to 5kg
Mount Plate Dimensions: 44mm x 41mm
Screw Hole Spacing: 36mm x 33mm
Depth: 28mm
Length: 74mm
Pin: 5mm
Weight: 77g
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/servoles...1mm-mount.html

(46gr x2) + 77gr = 169gr
Complete set 169gr + 129gr = 298 gr

Last edited by flylow2011; Sep 18, 2019 at 03:39 AM.
Sep 18, 2019, 07:00 AM
I haven’t made any final choices on fan and retracts, but was hoping to use something that I already had in my parts bin.
Sep 18, 2019, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lueke
I haven’t made any final choices on fan and retracts, but was hoping to use something that I already had in my parts bin.

Can you give dimensions of the servoless
Retract you tried on the Mirage wings?
Length:
Depth:
Width:

Also can you post photo of the nose retract bay
With dimensions?

Thx.

Quick Reply