Thread OP
Discussion

Brown recluse spider......in her ear!

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/0...r-dnt-vpx.kshb
Aug 24, 2019, 06:20 AM
like many politicians they look for any opening
Aug 24, 2019, 09:53 AM
No more nicotine for me!
She was really lucky, the poison those things have are no joke, have a friend in Texas thats missing a large chunk of his calf muscle from getting bit by one...cant imagine having one bite you inside the ear. The house I lived in in Texas had a lot of them, dont know how I managed to avoid getting bit...the many scorpions I could deal with, but I dont miss that part of Texas
Aug 24, 2019, 10:51 AM
Click here to block ads
Seems like there was a member here that was attacked by a swarm of them. Sarah Goldberg I think. I hope she is okay, she hasn't posted in a while for some reason.
Aug 24, 2019, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H
Seems like there was a member here that was attacked by a swarm of them. Sarah Goldberg I think. I hope she is okay, she hasn't posted in a while for some reason.
I think that was traceyl. He was attacked in his sleep one night by Brown Recluses and Black Widowses who temporarily formed a truce in order to lay waste to him. Not like pooping on somene, not that kind of laying waste, but the other kind of laying waste like pummeling someone, but not the pummel horse that those athletes do routines on.
Aug 24, 2019, 12:34 PM
Click here to block ads
Aren't they both one and also both the same too?
Aug 24, 2019, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H
Aren't they both one and also both the same too?
Good God, don't tell me that (not saying you're God or your good, but you could be and I like to cover all my bases in case you are and if you really are God, and can see everything I do, keep in mind that last night I was not only lonely but a hair on the tipsy side too and she tricked me into it because I believed her when she said she was single). Well if they are that means I called dibs on traceyl and that would mean I've lost all credibility on this forum and lost all my followers but I suspect I'd pick up a few new ones though.
Aug 24, 2019, 01:24 PM
I see brown recluse spiders daily and I’ve been bitten twice by them with the most recent just 3 days ago. For me it feels like a mosquito bite at first then within minutes I can feel the histamines flowing causing my sinuses to start flowing. Takes just a few minutes for the bite area to swell then it feels like a wasp sting for a week or so. Not every bite produces a necrotic wound. I went to the doctor with the spider in a jar and the doctor wasn’t surprised it didn’t turn necrotic. He said most who show up in the er with necrotic wound actually have mrsa not a brown recluse bite.
Aug 24, 2019, 02:03 PM
Click here to block ads
I had a neighbor from New Jersey once. She had convinced herself that she had been attacked by a swarm of brown recluses even though they are uncommon here. She wanted to know how we usually treat the bites. It was hard not to laugh as I tried to explain what a chigger is and the so called treatments.
Aug 24, 2019, 09:59 PM
No more nicotine for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientech
I see brown recluse spiders daily and Iíve been bitten twice by them with the most recent just 3 days ago. For me it feels like a mosquito bite at first then within minutes I can feel the histamines flowing causing my sinuses to start flowing. Takes just a few minutes for the bite area to swell then it feels like a wasp sting for a week or so. Not every bite produces a necrotic wound. I went to the doctor with the spider in a jar and the doctor wasnít surprised it didnít turn necrotic. He said most who show up in the er with necrotic wound actually have mrsa not a brown recluse bite.
That is mildly reassuring...
Aug 24, 2019, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro_builder
That is mildly reassuring...
I still wouldnít recommend getting bit by one. Iíve been lucky where as next time I may not be.
Aug 25, 2019, 03:56 AM
I flipped over the row boat to go out and clean the pond of a blue green algae bloom and found the boat full of black widows. Didn't get bit.
Aug 25, 2019, 09:39 AM
whiirrrrrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob
I flipped over the row boat to go out and clean the pond of a blue green algae bloom and found the boat full of black widows. Didn't get bit.
Running off screaming bloody murder probably helped.

Aug 25, 2019, 10:17 AM
There are so many nasty little things in the US
Aug 25, 2019, 11:01 AM
No more nicotine for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientech
I still wouldnít recommend getting bit by one. Iíve been lucky where as next time I may not be.
Fortunately theyre not an issue up here, we exchanged them for massive swarms of mosquitoes.

Quick Reply