Aug 23, 2019, 10:17 PM
Really?
Thread OP
Discussion

Evangelicals and anti semitism

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-semi...192155642.html

"“Some associations in certain conservative areas, with Jews being liberal, cosmopolitan, international and that being a threat to American Christian identity: You’re going to find those views, weirdly, right alongside expressing support for Israel,” Hummel said. “Someone like that would be vaguely or even strongly anti-Semitic, but also pro-Israel.”

And politically, evangelicals find themselves sharing common cause with right-wing anti-Semites. They might have little else in common, but both groups are enthusiastic supporters of President Donald Trump. And Trump, who strives to court that evangelical fandom, has flirted with anti-Semitism before this week. During his campaign, he retweeted and defended an image from a white supremacist website, showing Hillary Clinton’s face over a pile of money and a six-pointed Jewish star. He famously said that the demonstrators who chanted “Jews will not replace us” in Charlottesville, Virginia, included “very fine people.” "
Aug 23, 2019, 10:59 PM
Aug 23, 2019, 11:24 PM
globemaster
So much tithing has left them with their skulls full of helium, hence that feeling of “ascending to heaven” ...lol...
Aug 23, 2019, 11:54 PM
I can tell the article is bs propaganda just from the "very fine people" reference. Anyone who has half a brain and spends 2 minutes listening to what was actually said would realize who the very fine people were referencing. They were not white supremacists or anti semites.

I am also curious the retrweet of the anti semetic website they reference. If it really is an anti semetic website, or if the website has criticized Israel or zionist jews. It's like saying if I criticized Isis or Iran, that makes me anti muslim.
Aug 24, 2019, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymatic
I can tell the article is bs propaganda just from the "very fine people" reference. Anyone who has half a brain and spends 2 minutes listening to what was actually said would realize who the very fine people were referencing. They were not white supremacists or anti semites.
I can tell...
Aug 24, 2019, 07:14 AM
Takka-Takka-Takka
It puts those evangelicals in something of a quandry - those The End Of The World Is NIgh rapture fans need the Jews to be able to fulfill the chain of events leading to Armageddon, but there's the much longer lived belief that the Jews killed Jesus, which has been at least partly responsible for centuries of antisemitism and blatent discrimination against Jewish folks. A tricky road for those pious evangelicals to tread en route to the rapture.
Aug 24, 2019, 07:52 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Ever since I was a child I've always thought it was silly for people to blame the Jews for Killing Jesus… Jesus was a Jew. How can you hate a race of people and still love its king?
Aug 24, 2019, 07:53 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Further, how can you hate a race of people for fulfilling the prophecy of the Old Testament?… they should be thanking the Jews for Killing Jesus.
Aug 24, 2019, 08:01 AM
Sink stinks
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer
It puts those evangelicals in something of a quandry - those The End Of The World Is NIgh rapture fans need the Jews to be able to fulfill the chain of events leading to Armageddon, but there's the much longer lived belief that the Jews killed Jesus, which has been at least partly responsible for centuries of antisemitism and blatent discrimination against Jewish folks. A tricky road for those pious evangelicals to tread en route to the rapture.
Any evangelical who actually practices what they claim to believe would love the Jews, along with everyone else. There's no dilemma.
Aug 24, 2019, 08:06 AM
whiirrrrrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
Ever since I was a child I've always thought it was silly for people to blame the Jews for Killing Jesus… Jesus was a Jew. How can you hate a race of people and still love its king?
As I mention in another thread, I've been in Southern Baptist churches my whole life, and again, I've NEVER heard anyone "blame" modern jews for killing Jesus. That's just nonsense from people who don't have a clue to what they're talking about. Even the Jews of Jesus' time aren't "blamed", and they're just seem to have played their part in an event that fulfilled the prophesy of Jesus' death and resurrection.
Aug 24, 2019, 08:11 AM
------
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer
Its not easy to reconcile the "Twilight zone" with reality! Intolerance always follow religious fanaticism and evangelicals are no different from the Taliban.
Aug 24, 2019, 08:14 AM
whiirrrrrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan
Its not easy to reconcile the "Twilight zone" with reality! Intolerance always follow religious fanaticism and evangelicals are no different from the Taliban.
Bald faced lie.
Aug 24, 2019, 08:21 AM
------
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness
Bald faced lie.
Enjoy
https://www.raptureready.com/
Aug 24, 2019, 08:42 AM
Sink stinks
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan
Where's Norm to decry the us vs them mentality?
Aug 24, 2019, 08:48 AM
Official Old Git!
Norm is here and still says the same old thing.

Believe what you want - it's your business. Just keep it your business and don't try to force others to fit in with any cult you may be a member of ( plus anyone can post whatever opinion they have about anything...)

Quick Reply