Sep 24, 2020, 03:08 AM
At the moment I fly mainly Albabird with F765-Wing and ArduPlane and DJI FPV. A fine combination.

But there will be an additional analog VTX or camera. Then you can fly about 10 km digitally with best view and if it should go on then simply switch to analog ...
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2020, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
I had an old Skywalker V2. Really enjoyed it. The fuse was a bit narrow though. I think the newer Skywalkers have wider fuses. The Crosswind mini is supposed to have a really (really) wide fuse for the wing span...i.e. requires a two handed launch. There's a thread on RCG on it. I almost bought one but then decided to wait...really don't need another (bigger) plane.

My current favorite is the Finwing Albabird. It's smaller, 1100mm wingspan, but is an absolute joy to fly. Small enough to transport in one piece, but quickly breaks down if needed. Easy 1hr flight time from 4S 9000mAh LiIon pack. Loads of fuse room for the size. Easy one handed launches...and a Matek F765 Wing FC will drop in with plenty of room to spare (see...kept this post somewhat on topic)...I have a F405 Wing in mine. I liked it so much I bought a spare...just in case. I rarely by backup planes...
I have an Albabird as well. In fact my flying buddy maidened his today. It did great. I'll maiden mine next week. Needed a stronger BEC, it arrived today. I have a Vector for it.
Sep 24, 2020, 11:10 PM
If I didn't have a Vector I would have went with Matek 765 for my Albabird build.
Sep 25, 2020, 01:02 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillHillAirlines
If I didn't have a Vector I would have went with Matek 765 for my Albabird build.
Looks nice.

Yeah, the Matek F405 Wing, F765 Wing and H743 Wing FC's are all great choices...with the F765 and H743 being better. I fly them on most of my FPV planes. It's really nice having the integrated volt/current sensor and OSD, and having the ability to power the servos with ease...all in one unit.
Sep 25, 2020, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillHillAirlines
I would just spend the extra 69 dollars, and get the Matek F765 wing. It flys the plane better and give you many, many more features and capabilities.

I actually did the work to take the Vector out of my Sailplane and update it with the Matek F765 Wing, here are the before and after pictures.
Sep 25, 2020, 11:02 AM
Quote:

My current favorite is the Finwing Albabird. It's smaller, 1100mm wingspan, but is an absolute joy to fly. Small enough to transport in one piece, but quickly breaks down if needed. Easy 1hr flight time from 4S 9000mAh LiIon pack.
Hi Vantasstic,

What is your cruising speed on the AlbaBird when you are going for most distance / long flight times ????
Sep 25, 2020, 11:25 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Hi Vantasstic,

What is your cruising speed on the AlbaBird when you are going for most distance / long flight times ????
Normal cruise is ~35mph at ~5A +/-. With 4S 9000mAh LiIon I estimate 1hr+ flight time, though never flew it that long...yet; I need to give it a try one day. Perhaps just set up a large circle route mission holding constant altitude and let er go.
Sep 25, 2020, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Normal cruise is ~35mph at ~5A +/-. With 4S 9000mAh LiIon I estimate 1hr+ flight time, though never flew it that long...yet; I need to give it a try one day. Perhaps just set up a large circle route mission holding constant altitude and let er go.
Actually I was thinking of a long range flight, do a circle around the Stratosphere and return
Sep 25, 2020, 03:15 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot
Actually I was thinking of a long range flight, do a circle around the Stratosphere and return
LOL...I thought you said long range. My house (local park just a few blocks away) to the Stratosphere is <5 miles. That's cake walk distance for DL....but then again I think you already know that.
Sep 26, 2020, 06:16 PM

TBS Crossfire / F765 Ardupilot

I can't seem to get the F765 working with the TBS Crossfire in the CRSF Serial RC Mode with Arduplane.
Both RC and Yappu Telemetry not working .
I tried various Parameter, RC_ Options, Serial and Alt board settings with no luck.
I was able to get SBUS and F Port on FrSky and Jumper Receivers.

I have everything working on INAV with the same TBS CRSF setup.

Can someone share the select Parameter settings from Mission Planner that works with CRSF Serial connections.
Or is there a setup guide out there that shows such.

F765, Jumper T16, TBS Micro V2 TX & Nano diversity RCV.
Setup per the F765 Manual shown below works on INAV.
Last edited by Tuffenuff; Sep 26, 2020 at 06:45 PM.
Sep 26, 2020, 07:20 PM
Did I miss an update where they added CRSF protocol?
Also have never seen crossfire work with Yaapu. I suppose it could with serial protocol and sending telemetry option. 10
Sep 27, 2020, 12:40 AM
CRSF works, but is currently only in master/latest version.

For the Yaapu script you need S.Port Passthrough. In combination with Crossfire there is only the possibility to convert Mavlink data with Mav2PT to Passthrough telemetry.
Sep 27, 2020, 12:56 AM

Matek F765 Wing Flight Controller w/Ardupilot (ChiBiOS)

@tuffenuff using crsf in all my nano-setups. as usual, there‘s not that much need for parameter adjustments or „making“ anything work. there‘s several options when using crossfire:
1.: you can use crsf as a one-way RC protocol (uplink only, no telemetry) on the default RCInput pin, no adjustments required.

2.: to make full use of the crsf protocol and respective telemetry, you want to choose a serial port to connect it to (using both Tx and Rx). set the respective SERIALn_PROTOCOL to 23 = RCInput. done. ardupilot will auto-detect CRSF (or any other supported protocol). you‘ll have telemetry on your taranis.
check your autopilot‘s ardupilot wiki page for serial-to-UART mapping if required.

3.: to use mavlink over crossfire, set your crossfire receiver‘s pins to MavLink Tx / Rx and connect it to one of your autopilot‘s serial ports. in your crossfire, set „rc by mavlink“ to on and use „dynamic“ RF protocol (both enabled by default).
in your autopilot set the respective SERIALn_PROTOCOL parameter to 2 (mavlink2, default).

NOTE: mavlink forwarding via wifi / UDP is not fully supported on the microTX V2 as for now.

4.: taranis telemetry using crsf will require to use a LUA script that supports that protocol. yaapu‘s script is using FrSky passthrough as for now, so that can‘t work! it just might not be too long until crsf support will be added

for now, your best bet would be iNav/LuaTelemetry. this supports the most vital items (link / batt / location / attitude), but there‘s limitations as flightmode / arm-flag handling are streamlined for iNav obviously, as well as bf / iNav pitch direction is opposite of what we use in ardupilot, so you‘ll need to invert that. or fly inverted only
Sep 27, 2020, 06:22 AM
N00b
Fought the good fight. I would really appreciate some help. I’m trying to get Inav telemetry going on my taranis with reg crossfire and crossfire nano diversity

I’m on uart3 crsf tx and rx and 5v and ground. Inav gets crossfire inputs fine.

I tried uart 3 and now 6 like f765 manual suggests
I tried 2.5.2 and 2.5.1
I tried telemetry halfduplex on and off
I tried telem inversion on and off
I tried swapping crsf tx and rx didn’t work at all the wrong way
I tried the inversion and duplex settings on the receiver tab
I tried with usb plugged in and without, and gps does have a 3dfix
Yes telem is on
Yes gps is on
Yes I am deleting sensors before discover. I only get 9 sensors from crossfire nothing from inav.

This always works without issue for me with beta flight. What am I doing wrong?

Does my taranis need a script installed to see inav sensors?
Is it possible the crsf uart rx is not hooked up? I assume it wouldn’t work at all if so.

I dont think I needed a lua with beta flight for gps data.. I’m really just after gps coords as I want to log then since I’m using dji and OSD can’t be recorded.
Sep 27, 2020, 11:02 AM
FYI Yaapu has mentioned he will be working on CRSF arduplane support on his lua implementation.

At the moment I get 23 sensors with arduplane crsf. You need a GPS lock to get all sensors. Out of the box, batt info, horizon, and gps will work with LuaTelemetry (iNav). If you rename flight modes in the Luatelemetry script, you can get most of those to work too . It's my temporary solution until full Yaapu support.

Quick Reply