This thread is privately moderated by crteensy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 23, 2019, 04:11 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Packs #6 and #7 - now with R9, zero new skills gained.

After I had some Rx losses in packs 4 and 5, I decided to install an R9 Rx instead. Actually, in flight #4, the OSD shows an RSSI of 0 mid flight (that's with the R-XSR I had installed before). Packs 6 and 7 didn't show any sign of low RSSI or even Rx loss any more, but it's too early to really count on that.

Also in pack #4 I had some unwanted trim on the pitch axis. All trims are removed now and not having to fight that constant back spin is much better.

I'm now trying to launch in such a way that the quad immediately goes forward after taking off, by applying a bit of throttle and leaning forward before I take off. Seems to work.

Theses two packs were fun to fly although I had to stay on one side of the RC field, but watching the flights is probably not much of a thrill.

Here's #6:
FPV progress - flight #6 (5 min 2 sec)

Chasing a jet that is just about to touch down wasn't that much of an accomplishment, but the other one was fun.

Throttle is scaled to 85% but still a bit tough on the battery I guess. The logs show sag down to 9.1 V (for a 3S pack) at about 60 Amps in those power loops. That's just above the peak C rating of the battery (BetaFPV 3S 850 mAh 35C/70C). I'm looking for smaller motors now, but then again I could simply build a smaller 3" quad instead.

And #7:
FPV progress - flight #7 (4 min 15 sec)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply