Aug 23, 2019, 02:34 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Edge70V3 - easyE

Aim was to design a plane I could build in about 3-4 hours, not too heavy and very durable.

This is the result. 150g including a gyro.
Technical setup is just like V1 and V2, but with a single servo for the ailerons.
The high weight is a result of covering the complete plane in sticky tape.
That makes it really sturdy.
Toke a nose dive already. Had to blow off the dust and that was it.
Will find out this weekend, if it is fool proof.

The third pic shows the fuselage. The upper piece in the picture is the lower part of the plane.
The forth one depicts the unfolded wing.

The nose is made of six symmetrical trapezes with lengths of 1 and 3 cm and a height of 10 cm
Last edited by JustAHuman; Aug 23, 2019 at 11:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2019, 12:43 PM
Thread OP

Durability update

Some friends came over and we went flying.
V3 crahed multiple times and always came out al'right, except for the last one, which was a clean nose dive on almost full throttle. Ripped the wing right off, so at least the wing is strong enough... Also the nose got crumbled.

Glued the wing back on with hot glue and put some additional glue around the shrink tubes guiding the rotating-rods that control the ailerons. Because they would bend out of the way.
Straightend the nose and reinforced with hot glue.
Also took out the gyro.

Still flies great.
I would gives it a 9/10 in durability.
Aug 25, 2019, 01:12 PM
Thread OP

Durability update II

Just went flying again.
Some shananigens too close to the ground later and i find the plane flying inverted, level to the ground, almost no throttle. And my monkey brain screams: "Land It!". So of course I do, for reasons of panic not giving a lot about reason. And it turned out fine. Would now reevaluate to 9.2/10
Last edited by JustAHuman; Aug 30, 2019 at 07:33 AM.

Quick Reply