This thread is privately moderated by RickC_RCAV8R, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 23, 2019, 10:57 AM
Waste Nothing
Thread OP
Discussion

Quanum Chaotic Motor Pods (3D Print)

Gentlemen :

When I do get the chance to fly , the Quanum Chaotic is my recent bird of choice . I have this one (of 3 owned) rigged up with a Walkera DV04 digital camcorder under the nose for some camera work . As I tend to fly this one on 4S power , I am finding that there is plenty of power to spare while even carrying the camcorder and the newly designed 3D printed motor cover pods .

The motor pods have been designed to maintain optimum motor cooling having left the center area open . Escaping airflow can easily exit here . A heavier 2mm shell thicknes printed with a 70% infill makes for a sturdy pod skin which easily handles the landing gear loads .

When printing the lower pods , I noted that there was a central support structure which was kept ! I used a milling bit in my drill press to shorten this structure by about 3/8 " . Before mounting the pod , I used a heavy dollop of silicone on the lower motor mount and the top of this support structure . When the silicone cured over 24 hours , it made a great shock mount pad between the motor part of the frame and the pod support in its interior .

And that's it . A simple and effective addition to the Chaotic which works well .

Regards to my readers and Aussie mates . Cheers RIckC_RCAV8R
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply