This thread is privately moderated by mylestone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 23, 2019, 10:13 AM
Trader Rating: 48
Thread OP
$500.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
For Sale

Wilco/Tiger/Hawk - 2 for one deal!!

Ok, so here are two airframes that I am first going to try to sell as a package. Because of the fixed wing span, it makes sense to just sell them as a package.

The Beater was a fantastic F5B starter for me, that, as i became a more ecperienced pilot, I converted to a slope ship. As a slop flyer it turned out to be an unbelievably great airship. I use and abused it at the slope and at one point had almost 2 lbs of ballast in her. Yes she has had plenty off scrapes and hard landings but is still an awesome flier to just huck out there and thrash. This airframe comes with servos installed.

Because she was so stout and fun to fly I purchased this second NIB Wilco, with the intention of setting her up with a good hot power system. One unique feature of this new airframe is that the tail is molded in a way that a rudder can be cut, and a port for rudder linkage is already molded in to the tail. All parts are there. needs a firewall for your specific powertrain.

The frame has such good lift characteristics that someone might like to play around and cut in a rudder.
That being said, she is an F5B ship and a rudder is not needed for this or for slope flying.

BTW, wipers have been built in on the airframe, in the mould.

here is a statement from the original ad copy
"The carbon fiber reinforced Wilco F5B is a new generation, compact, precision composite, hollow molded electric "Hotliner". With its lightweight construction, exceptional strength and attractive price, this model is an excellent value! It comes virtually completely prefabricated from the factory and ready to fly. Just install your power system and radio gear. This model is also an excellent entry level platform for F5B category. The hollow molded, carbon fiber reinforced wing has a little bit of dihedral with a beautiful elliptically tapered leading edge and pre-hinged ailerons. The gel-coated fiberglass fuselage has been reinforced with Carbon Fiber and comes with hatch for direct linkage elevator servo configuration. One piece composite hollow molded stabilizer is also reinforced with Carbon Fiber. All of the surfaces are pre-painted in the molds for a flawless external finish. The whole model uses live hinges for all movable surfaces.
This is one of the best and advanced introductions to the world of F5B airplanes."

This is an incredibly well built plane and has a beautiful finish. As you can see from the beater plane, I was never able to break the main wing spar, which is carbon, with a internal balsa skin and is hollow moulded.

If you want one let me know and if I have buyers for both I can work out a deal.

Thanks for looking!!
Last edited by mylestone; Sep 09, 2019 at 08:00 PM. Reason: closing thread
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply