Aug 22, 2019, 08:59 PM
Thread OP
Question

APM Ardupilot amazon kit alternative parts list

Kit in question: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza
I want to dip my feet in ardupilot and autonomy of fixed-wing planes in general. The kit linked looks like a good deal, however, reviews aren't great(3 stars), some people report problems(telemetry wires not working), and it doesn't work with the latest versions of ardupilot.
Does anyone have a list of parts to create a similar kit(telemetry, flight controller, GPS, power module), for around the same price point(Iím fine with unsupported hardware, as long as there's a relatively large user base that uses it so I can ask for help and positive reviews), and is more reliable and is compatible with newer versions of ardupilot. I currently have a working rc plane(ft mig 3) andI want to swap out my spectrum reciever with ardupilot compatible flight controller plus all the required peripherals to run my own waypoint missions with gps and compass. Just saying, I first learned about ardupilot from rctestflight with the automated sailplane video, and I find the waypoint mission part of the video very interesting due to the practical usage(science, aerial data, photogrammetry), and I wanted to try that part for a lot cheaper than he did.
Thank you for your time
Note, I want to keep soldering down as low as possible
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2019, 09:57 PM
FA3PR9WM79
That APM kit uses VERR OLD technology. You can get a Pixhawk kit for about the same price: Pixhawk 2.4.8

APM is not supported by ArudPilot. The LAST and FINAL firmware is 3.2.1. Current firmware for a Pixhawk is 3.6.10. So if you buy an APM you are pretty much on your own.

You can learn more about Pixhawk and ArduPlane here: http://ardupilot.org/plane/index.html

Back in the day I had an APM 2.6. It was a decent entry level FC, but I out grew it very quickly.

Quick Reply